TWENTY

(CHAPTER 20  - THE CRICKET GAME)

🦢🗡

Flashback

Two guards had escorted the Evil Queen to the center of the courtyard, where everyone had gathered to watch, and she was chained to a pole as she looked at the crowd. Prince Charming and Snow White were sat on their thrones with a spare chair beside them, and Helena approached them, lowering her head out of respect to them.

"You have lost someone you loved dearly," she lifted her head, "I hope this will suffice as proper punishment," Prince Charming said.

"Proper punishment, indeed. Thank you, my Prince," Helena said.

"Please, Huntress, I hope you will join us," Snow White said, gesturing to the spare chair.

"The honor would be mine, Your Highness," Helena said before walking to the spare chair next to Snow White, and sat down, glancing at the Evil Queen.

A line of guards armed with bows stood in front of the Evil Queen, and Jiminy Cricket flew over to her, "Regina, this is your opportunity to meet your end with a clear conscience. Do you have any last words?" Jiminy Cricket said.

"Yes. Yes, I do. I know I'm being judged for my past, a past where I've caused pain, a past where I've inflicted misery, a past where I've...even brought death. When I...look back at everything I've done, I want you all to know what I feel, and that is...regret," her voice was soft, but she looked up at the crowd coldly, "Regret that I was not able to cause more pain. Inflict more misery, and bring about more death," she looked at Helena, "To the Huntress, I regret not killing your beloved brother. I should have crushed his heart in front of you, and watched as you cried over him pathetically," The Evil Queen said.

Helena clinched her jaw as she gripped the arms of her chair, trying to remain calm, but a cart of hay exploded behind the crowd, making her glance at Snow White, "Forgive me," Helena whispered and Snow White placed her hand on top of hers.

The Evil Queen looked at Snow White, "And above all else, with every ounce of my being, I regret that I was not able to kill...Snow White!" The Evil Queen said.

Prince Charming stood up, "Arrows!" the Evil Queen was blindfolded and the guards drew back their arrows against their bows, "Take your aim," the guards took aim, "Fire!" Prince Charming yelled.

The guards released their arrows and they flew towards the Queen, when Snow White suddenly stood up, "Stop!" She ordered and the Blue Fairy stopped the arrows with her magic.