4

You had a four hour lab class from 6pm to 10pm. Why you chose that time? You wanted to sleep in on this day, and it was your only class. So you could relax all day and then go to class and come home. And besides, the professor sometimes lets class out early.

But today was not one of those days. It seemed like you all crammed in three weeks worth of material into your brain. Food violations, restaurant violations, safety hazards in lab and a lot more. There were even examples set up in lab. You had to wear lab coats and safety glasses to inspect some of the stuff.

There was spoiled milk with an expiration date that wasn't set until next week and the paper under it had a list of questions. Is it a biological, physical, or chemical hazard? Food safety or food quality?

Then you had a set of picture cards, with the back door to a restaurant open with no screen and the dumpster top open. What are the violations in the picture?

There was a bag of chips, which appeared normal at first, but as you inspected it closer you realized that one of the chips were a different color, most likely a different flavor from the rest of the bag. Is is a biological, physical, of chemical hazard? Food safety or food quality?

It seemed like you did millions of these, almost over and over. So many different pictures and different scenarios to study. And that wasn't even going into regulations of restaurants.

Needless to say, the professor used up all of his time, so you would be walking home at 10 o clock at night. Perfect, fantastic, wonderful.

You got all of your stuff, and changed out of your lab shoes into your comfortable ones. You left the room with a group of people and headed down the same way as them, but eventually everyone would go their separate ways. That would leave you alone, walking the dark streets with only a few street lights along the way.

You were getting uncomfortable being alone, so you figured you would take your short cut through the alley. You turned the corner and saw two tall men in the middle of it, looking like they were exchanging something in a white envelope. You stood there wide eyed, unsure of what to do. And they were staring at you back, waiting for your move. You backed away slowly, not taking your eyes off of them. You thought that maybe they would just shrug you off and continue what they were going to do. Whether it was a drug deal or maybe secret lovers, who knows. Although it's probably a drug deal.

The two guys looked at each other before sprinting over to you, and that's when you turned around and started running. You were taught by your father from a young age that if you needed to run, you ran faster if you didn't look back and if you kept your head down. You were never sure if this worked or not, the only time you needed to run as a child was if you were playing tag with Keigo, and there was no way you could out run him.

Obviously your father had taught you wrong or these guys were very fast, because they had caught up to you within about a minute. One of the guys had grabbed you by your forearm and spun you around, pinning you to the nearest building. You hit your head pretty hard on the bricks behind you, and it made your vision go a bit blurry, but it returned to normal.

"Think you can get away after what you just saw?" The guy laugh who had you pinned laughed, as his friend stood behind him with his arms crossed.

"I didn't see anything." You said quickly, hoping they would believe you.

"Please! You stood there like a deer in the headlights!"

"I-I didn't see anything!"

"Bullshit!" He took his fist and banged it against the brick wall, right next to your head. Of course you flinched, moving your head away from his hand.

"She's kinda cute, don't you think?" The guy behind him said, tilting his head a bit.

"What!?" He growled, snapping his head back at him. The guy behind him then started to walk forward, and pushed the guy over to the side to stand in front of you. He then took his pointer finger and thumb and placed them under your chin, lifting your head up.

"Look at her." He said, moving your head from side to side, almost as if he was inspecting you. "Pretty cute."

"Yeah... I guess now that you mention it, she's pretty cute."

"What's your name, pretty girl?"

"Pl-Please just let me go." You pleaded.

"Haha, I don't think so." He shook his head. You tried to look behind him to see if anyone was close so you could yell out, but the streets appeared to be empty. If you yelled, they would most certainly hurt you at the very least to make you stop. If you tried to wiggle your way out, they would only become more forceful. Oh, to have Keigo's quirk at a time like this. You couldn't even reach your phone to send him a message to come and save you. This was it, you were convinced this was it.

"What's going on here?" You heard a voice. The guys and you turned your heads to see a figure walking up to you guys, and you could have sworn you recognized the build of the person. As he got closer, you definitely recognized him, and felt a bit more at ease, but still very on edge. You were just glad you had someone on your side now.

"Nothing man, keep walking. Just having a conversation with my girlfriend." The guy said. You could have sworn you almost threw up on him.

"Girlfriend, huh?" Touya raised an eyebrow, and then looked over at you for some kind of reaction. You couldn't really give any sign to Touya, like shaking your head, so instead you just furrowed your eyebrows, hoping he would understand and read the disgust on your face. "Yeah, I don't think so."

"Keep walking, this doesn't involve you." He shot at Touya.

"I'll give you a warning." Touya sighed. "Let her go now and walk away. Got it?"

"Ha! Funny!" The guy laughed, pulling you off the wall and pushing you into the chest of the other guy. The other guy caught you and held your forearms tightly, making sure you didn't leave. He was digging his nails into your arms.

"Ow!" You winced, causing you to squirm but he only held you harder. Hearing you in pain set a fire in Touya, almost like a flight or fight reaction. The sympathetic nervous system started to do its thing, increasing the heart rate and breathing rate, and causing his pupils to dilate. Touya brought his arm back and punched the guy in front of his square in the face. And it hurt even more because of the staples.

The guy went falling in front of his friend, and tried to get up, but Touya stepped on his head to keep him down. He looked down at the guy, before looking at his friend that held you. "You have two seconds."

The guy instantly released you, putting his hands up. You ran behind Touya, and watched as he took care of the situation. He lifted the guy from the ground up by the shirt, and threw him at the other guy. "Now get fucking lost." Touya growled lowly. They didn't hesitate running away, and tucking into the nearest alleyway.

Touya watched them until they were out of sight, and even then he continued watching for a while longer until you caught your breath. You were panting, trying to control your breathing.

"Are you okay?" He asked, turning to you. "Are you hurt? They didn't do anything to you, did they?"

"I-I'm okay." You managed to get out. "I just think he dug his nails into my arms."

"Lemme see." You rolled up your sleeves, and there were a few marks, but they weren't bleeding or anything. "What the hell are you doing out this late anyway?"

"I'm walking home from lab." You said quietly, kind of upset that he was mad at you. At least, it seemed like that.

He sighed loudly and placed his hand on your lower back, pushing you in front of him. "I'm going to follow you home, okay? Make sure you get there fine."

"Mhm, okay."