36

In the morning (pretty early in the morning) you woke up in his arms. He was already awake, just waiting for you to open your eyes. When you did, he greeted you with a smile, and kissed your lips. "Good morning." He said, and you smiled back.

"Good morning."

"I want to discuss something with you."

"Don't do that, my anxiety cannot." You laughed a bit.

"I'm sorry, should I just cut to the chase?"

"Yes, please."

"Alright." He sat up in bed, looking down at you. He thought you looked stunning with your hair spread out against your pillow. "Run away with me."

"But..."

"I know what you said about college. And I'm fully prepared to accept No as your answer, I just thought—"

"Yes."

"What?"

"I'll run away with you." You sat up in bed, a smile smile on your face. "I'll run away with you. Thats... what I want."

"Are you sure?"

"I've never been so sure of something in my life. I want nothing more than to spend my life with you, have a family, and own my own restaurant. I-I can do it without my degree. I'll take out a loan, maybe publish some of my recipes in a book, I'll figure it out— I mean, we'll figure it out."

"I'm so happy. I don't think I've ever been so happy."

You smiled harder, wrapping your arms around him tightly. He hugged you back, his chin resting on your head. "I promise to make you happy." You told him, but you felt him shake his head.

"No, I'll make you happy. I'll become a better person for you. And for our future family."

"I'm glad to hear that." You smiled even wider if it was possible, and pulled away from him. "When do we leave?"

"How soon do you want to leave?"

"I'd... like to say goodbye to Keigo, if possible."

Touya sighed, and shook his head slowly. "We can't let him know where we are going. Hell, he's probably already looking for us."

"What? What makes you say that?"

"I'm sure whoever you were staying with has reported to him."

"Oh." You looked down, feeling a bit nervous. "You're right."

"I'm sorry." He said, cupping your cheek.

"Could I at least leave a letter with him?"

"I think that would be okay." He nodded.

"Alright then. Let's... get started, I guess."

**

You snuck into Miriko's house while she was at work, assuming that she was on the hunt for you. You knew they're were cameras, but by the time she would check them, you would be long gone. You also took the time to write a letter to Keigo, a few pages long. It could be considered a short story. You lured everything out on him. Your guilt, your love, your excuses, everything that paper could hold. Including a few stray tears that fell onto the paper and seeped through, smearing the pen just a bit. Enough to be blurred, but still could be read. You hoped it got your point across.

Touya waited for you to get your things from Miriko's house. He didn't go in because of the cameras, he didn't need to be seen in there. Once you had your things and found your way back to Touya, you started walking to Keigo's house. Your plan was to drop off the letter at his front door, a rock over it to stop it from being blown in the wind.

The closer you got to Keigo's house, the more anxiety rushed through you. However, Touya was there to ease it and comfort you the entire way. He made you feel more comfortable, and any doubts you had about running away with him were rushed away.

When you approached his house, you quickly left the letter and placed a large rock you found next to the steps on it. Once that was done, you looked at the door, and rested your hand on the knob. Your heart felt heavy, and felt tears rise to your eyes. "Forgive me, Keigo." You hiccuped, and turned to look at Touya. He was right behind you, rubbing your back. "I can't leave without saying goodbye. I can't."

"Y/n, you know what would happen. Besides, your letter is a goodbye."

"No. I need to hug him. I-I..."

"It'll be okay. We will have a good life, Y/n. Who knows, maybe you'll see him again later in life, when hero society and the L.O.V have fallen to its knees."

It gave you hope. Just a little bit of it.

"Okay." You nodded, and wiped away some tears. "I'll see him again one day. I believe it."

"Are you ready? The next bus leaves soon. And from there we can just keep taking buses until we land where we want to be."

"Yeah, sounds good." You nodded, and took Touya's hand in yours. "Let's get going."

From there, you went to the bus stop and got on, driving away from the life that you once knew. You drove away from your school, your friends, and most importantly, Keigo. You only hoped that he would forgive you after all of this, and hopefully you would meet again.

However, you were excited for what was to come with Touya. Even though you had to walk away from everything you knew, the unknowns in all of this called out to you. And being by Touya's side was the most important thing to it all.

Maybe in a few years, your restaurant would be famous, bringing all kinds of people. Maybe it would bring Keigo back to you, your friends, and whoever Touya's family was. Maybe by then, Keigo would have forgiven you and forgotten all that had happened in the past. The fighting, the blood, sweat and tears, and the battling of emotions. Maybe then, he would like to be apart of your life again, and you in his. Maybe he would be an uncle to your future kids. And be a friend to Touya instead of his enemy.

You could only hope.

You could only hope for a bright future. Where everyone you wanted would be apart of it.

But for now, you'd have to wait. Wait until the storm had passed, and settled into your new life.

You hope it would happen fast, in a blink of an eye. But you knew it was unrealistic.

But you could hope. You could only hope.