28

Some days have passed, and Keigo could finally get around himself. So it was finally the end of your live in nurse days and to go back home. Thankfully, Keigo made sure that everything was situated before you going back home.

While he still had a bit of trouble moving around quickly, he made sure that Tokoyami and Aizawa kept you safe. He made them check out your apartment while you weren't there, and they could find anything out of the ordinary. So, it was just up to you to go home and get your life back in track... without Touya.

During your stay with Keigo, you hadn't heard from him. There was no attempt of him trying to contact you, and obviously he hadn't been in and out of the house, as per the report from Tokoyami and Aizawa. It hurt a little bit.

Keigo walked you back to the apartment slowly. He needed to take his time so he didn't get hurt, which was understandable. As you walked into the lobby of the apartment complex, the doorman that you had become friends with smiled and welcomed you back. You thanked him, and headed to the elevator with Keigo to head to your apartment. In no time, you were on your floor and in front of the door. You were happy to be home.

"Thanks for walking me home, Kei. I know it hurts." You said, digging into your bag to find your keys.

"It's no problem. I want you to be safe."

"I want you to be safe too." You smiled.

"Promise me you'll stay safe, okay?"

"I promise... huh, weird."

"What?"

"I can't find my keys."

"Here, lemme look."

You jaded Keigo your bag and he looked through it. After a few minutes, he couldn't find them. "Do you have a spare key?"

"Oh, yeah!" You smiled to yourself. "I keep a key taped under the potted plant."

"Jeez, so predictable." Keigo laughed. You got on your knees and lifted up the potted plant to where the key should have been. But you didn't find that either. A panicked look washed your face, and Keigo noticed. "What?"

"It's not there."

"Did you move it?"

"No, I've always kept it there."

"Did you tell anywhere where you kept the key?"

"No, not that I remember." You shook your head.

"Okay, well, when did you last have your keys?"

"The night at the jail."

"They took your stuff?"

"I think they had too."

"Did you get it back?"

"I... I don't remember. I wanted to get out of there."

"Okay, okay. Let's go to the jail and get your stuff. No biggie."

"But what about the spare key? It's gone."

"Right..."

"Keigo—"

"Don't worry. We will go get your keys, and head back to my place. You can stay for a few more days while I send someone to check out your apartment."

"But..."

"It'll be fine." He assured you. You sighed and nodded, following him away from your apartment. You were pretty disappointed, you really wanted to be back at home.

**

"Y/n Takami." You told the officer at the desk. He had asked for your name to see when you had came in, and if they even had your stuff. He checked the computer and found you, and then went to the back where they kept all the belongings. He brought the box out, and let you go through it. Keigo shot the man a glare after the officer did pass some judgmental looks your way.

You ended up finding your keys and wallet, with everything intact. "Thank you so much." You smiled at the cop, and he was actually surprised. Usually people that had been taken in arent nice, but you were. He actually smiled back.

"It's no problem. I'm sure the whole thing was a misunderstanding." He assured you. "I was happy to help."

You have an awkward smile and nodded before turning and walking away. Keigo, however, stayed back. "We're you trying to hit on her? If you were, big mistake."

"Why, are you dating her?"

"I'm her brother and I'll make sure to be there at your funeral." He shot at him before following you. The man was scared for his life.

As you both made it out to the street, Keigo gave his friend Miriko a call. You couldn't hear her, but you could hear Keigo talking softly so no one else could hear him.

"Miriko, can you help me? I need you to check out my sister's apartment... Yes, I have a sister, it's not a big deal... please? She couldn't find her spare key and based off of who she was involved with, it's a possibility someone is there.... Yeah, I'll text the address, meet me in front of the complex and I'll give you the key off of her keychain.... Thanks." And he hung up.

"So?"

"She'll check it out. Gimme your key." You nodded and handed him a little gold key, and walked back to outside of the complex.

After about ten minutes, a woman with big muscles and that towered over you appeared next to Keigo. They chatted for a minute before she noticed you, and gave you a small smile. Keigo handed her the key, and she waltzed in.

"You can come back to my place and she will drop off the key."

"She knows where you live?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah..? We're co-workers."

"Yeah? Nothing more?"

"...Shut up."

You laughed and walked with him back to his place. Although you loved your brother, you didn't want to go back. You missed your freedom.

**

"Okay, thanks Miriko... Yeah, you can come over and drop off the key... No, I'll probably make her stay here for the night... Thanks again."

"Miriko again?"

"Yeah, she says that the apartment is clear."

"Then where did the key go?"

"That we don't know. Are you sure you didn't move it?"

"I really don't remember. Everything that has happened has me forgetting everything."

"I get it." He nodded. "It would make me stressed too. Try and rest up. Miriko should be here soon and you can go back tomorrow."

You nodded, and headed to bed. It was a long day.

**

You left the next morning before Keigo woke up. You left him a note on his nightstand, and took your key from the counter. You were anxious to get home. You wanted to be in your own bed.

You hurried home, and only seemed to be a few minutes. You put the key in the door, and turned it, unlocking it. You entered, turned back around to close the door and lock it, but before you could even walk in, weight pressed you to the door.

"Welcome home."