32

He had finally fell asleep. Now, the trick was going to be getting out of bed without waking him.

You weren't sure how you did it, but you did it successfully. You tip-toed to the living room, and found where you had left his pants. From there, you checked his pockets, and found your phone. You silently cheered, and held down the power button to turn it on. Once it did, you noticed how you had some messages. Most of which were from your friend Yuki. There was one messaged from Keigo that had came through recently, just him checking in. You thought about calling him, but you didn't want to risk being heard. You also didn't want to text in fear of getting caught. Either way, it could be a lose-lose situation. Or it could be a win.

You decided to text him, it was be the quietest option to do. All you texted him was 'help', which probably wasn't that great of a message. He ended up texting right back, but your sound was on. It left a 'ding' sound echoing through your apartment. You could only hope it didn't wake Touya.

'What's wrong?' He responded, and started to double, triple text. 'Are you okay?' 'Where are you?'

'Apartment.' You texted quickly. 'Dabi is here.' 'Took my phone, got it back. Don't know how long though.'

'Are you being held hostage?'

'Yes.' 'Hurry.' 'Help.'

"Y/n? Where are you?" You heard his voice. You turned around to face the bedroom door, tucking the phone behind your back. You had no time to hide it before he came out, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." You lied, swallowing hard.

"Then why are you out here?" He asked, walking towards you. You thought that if you backed away, he would know something was wrong, so you stayed in your spot. Which would later prove to be a worse idea.

"I... I wanted a snack."

"You're lying."

"I am not."

"Y/n, I know you well enough to know when you're lying." He rolled his eyes, and then looked at his pants that were lying in the floor. He looked back at you, his eye twitching. "So I'll ask again, what were you doing?"

"Nothing."

"I'll give you one last chance, Y/n."

"Uhm."

"One."

"Are you seriously counting?"

"Two."

"I'm an adult, your counting isn't going to scare me."

"Y/n, last chance."

You stayed silent, biting your lip. Touya sighed, bringing a hand to your throat. The sudden impact scared you, making you lose your guard. He took his other hand and forced your arm in front of your body, which just happened to hold the phone. He removed his hand from your throat to grab the phone, and once it was in his possession, he backed away a few feet. Just as he took it, the screen lit up with messages from Keigo.

"Ah, I see."

"Touya-"

"No no, don't say anything." He huffed.

You nodded, looking down at your feet. After looking through the messages, he walked towards you again, lifting your chin up with two fingers so you could look at him. "You know Y/n, I just want to love you."

"I know that." You said plainly.

"You know that, but you do this." He waved the phone in the air. "I just want to know why. Do you not love me?"

"No, it's not that."

"Then what is it? Huh?" He got closer to your face, but the energy started to get intense. You turned your face away, but he forced it right back. "Answer me!"

"I don't want to stay here!"

"Because you're scared of me, is that it!?"

"I—"

"Tell me the truth!"

"Yes!" You yelled back at him, tears falling down your face. "Yes! I'm scared of you! How could I not be!? You almost killed my brother! You lied to me countless times! You have access to my apartment when I'm not here! And you won't let me leave! I'm scared!"

"What you should be scared of is the fact that your brother is a murderer."

"He was doing his job!"

"And so was I!"

You started crying harder, finding it hard to breathe. You couldn't wipe your tears away because he had a hold of one of your wrists, and you were scared to move the other. Through all of this, he continued yelling at you, but you couldn't understand him. But the next thing you knew, he threw the only thing that gave you contact to the outside word against the wall, it shattering into pieces. You cried harder because you were scared. Scared of him.

"Stop your crying." He scolded you. In fear of him, you did so, sniffling and looking up at him with your eyes red. "Crying doesn't suit you." You breathed heavily, trying to control yourself, but it was easier said than done.

Even though he was acting aggressively, he cupped your cheek and wipes away stray tears with his thumb. "You know I love you, right?"

"Y-Yes."

"I'm sorry for getting mad. You're sorry too, right? For messaging Keigo for help?"

"Y-Yes."

"Say it, Y/n. Be a good girl and say it."

"I'm sorry, Touya."

"Good girl." He smiled, and kissed your cheek lightly. "No one will love you the way I do. And no one can protect you like I can. I'm all you need in this world."

"Okay." You nodded, swallowing.

"And you're all I need. Okay?"

"Okay." You exhaled. He smiled at your compliance and kissed your cheek again. And then kissed your lips. As he kissed you, you hesitated kissing him back. But when you did, it was incredibly shaky due to your anxiety. He didn't notice, he was just glad to be kissing you.

When he pulled away, he smiled sweetly at you, as if he was a different person than who he was a few moments ago. "Since you want to go out so bad, why don't we go out to eat?"

"Really?"

"Well... we could go to a food truck or something. I'd have to keep the mask on or I'll be recognized."

"Right."

"Is that something you'd like? I want you to be happy, Y/n."

"Yeah... I'd like that."

"Good. Get ready to go, and I'll clean up this mess."