8

"Hey Kiddo!"

"What are you doing here? I wasn't expecting you." You laughed, but Keigo, being as smart as he was and being a secret spy, unknown to you, caught a hint of worry in your voice.

"I'm just stopping by, giving you some money." He waved it off as if it was nothing. "Can I come in?"

"Sure, but the place is a bit messy right now." You rubbed the back of your neck, moving to the side to let Keigo in. When he stepped in, he immediately started to looking around. Any obscurities, especially with the kitchen since it was so obvious when something was out of place there. But he found nothing obvious, not until he saw the futon with the folded blanket and pillow next to it.

"Do you have company, Y/n?"

"Oh no, I mean, Yuki slept over the other night." You waved it off. "You've met her before, haven't you?"

"I don't recall." He said, tapping his chin and looking up to the ceiling, almost as if he was trying to unlock his memory vault.

"Yes you have, I'm sure of it." You lied, fully knowing he had never met any of your friends. Or past lovers for that matter. He would go absolutely insane. "The cute short girl with the white and blue hair."

"No, I don't remember." He shook his head.

"That's because you're so busy with work. Speaking of which, how is that?" You engaged.

"Busy and classified as usual." He laughed.

Touya listened closely from the bedroom, his ear pressed against the door. He could have sworn he recognized that voice when you both came into the living room. But he also gave you props for being a good liar.

But now he was growing frustrated. Who was in there with you? It was definitely a male, which he didn't really like. But his voice scratched a place in Dabi's brain, almost as if telling him he should know this voice.

"I'm sure of it." You laughed with him. "Are you on your way to patrol?"

Now Touya was definitely paying attention, hearing that word. Only heroes or cops could go on patrol, and if they found him here, he would definitely go to jail.

"Yeah, I have to be there in like an hour." He shrugged. "I just thought I'd give you money for the month. It's enough for rent and some groceries."

"You didn't have to do groceries, Keigo." You sighed.

Keigo? As in Keigo Takami? As in the number two pro hero Hawks? The over-sized bird that Dabi meets up with every so often to discuss plans, even though he doesn't trust him completely? How interesting. How fascinating. How lucky.

"I want to make sure you're taken care of." Keigo smiled, patting you on the head. "I'm the only one that can protect you, you know."

It felt like Touya's blood was on fire, boiling under his skin. Keigo couldn't protect her, no way, only he could. After all, he was practically living with her.

"Again, all of this can be avoided if you just let me move in with you." You rolled your eyes playfully, knowing that he would never let you move into his home.

"As much as I'd love that, it's too dangerous." He sighed. "Oh, speaking of which..."

"Oh man, what's wrong?" Your anxiety immediately spiked.

"I may not get to see you as often now with this new... thing."

"Thing? A mission?"

"I can't reveal any details."

"But Kei-"

"You trust me, don't you?"

"But I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I'm not gonna get hurt." He chuckled. "Worst that will happen is that I get followed."

"You're gonna get followed!?"

"Highly doubtful." He smiled, trying to make everything seem better. "Anyways, I need to get going. Here's your money." He proceeded to hand you a pouch, like that didn't look suspicious. You opened it and it was full of Yen, enough for the month and then some.

"Keigo, you didn't need to bring me this much." You shook your head.

"Next month I'll mail it, I'll personally put it in your mail box since I have a key." He smiled devilishly, holding up the keys you had given him. A key for the door handle lock, the deadbolt, and then your mail key.

"Alright. Thank you, Keigo."

"No problem, Y/n. Stay safe, okay? If you need anything, call me. I'll either come or I'll send someone to you."

"I know, thank you. You stay safe too, okay?"

"Yup!" And with that, he headed out the door, believing everything you had told him without a second thought. Once he had closed the door, you checked the peep hole to see if he was walking down the hallway. You saw him get into the elevator, and finally let your breath out.

You walked to your bedroom and opened the door to let Touya out. To your sight, you saw him laying on your bed, his hands behind his head. You just stared at him, admiring his features while his eyes were closed so he didn't see you. You were so lucky that Keigo didn't question anything further and find him here; he would have had his head, possibly yours.

Touya would open and eye and smirk upon catching you looking at him. You would cough and look away, trying to avoid eye contact. "Y-You're safe to come out now."

"Your bed is comfy, I'm not so sure if I want to." He chuckled a bit.

"Oh, well you can sleep there tonight, I'll sleep on the futon if you'd like."

"No, absolutely not." He shook his head. "You need good rest. I'll stay on the futon."

"Okay." You nodded. You were going to suggest a possible idea, but decided against it. It was to risqué to suggest.

"So, who was that? A boyfriend?" He asked, but it was more of a question for him to figure out if you were single or not.

"Oh no." You shook your head. "I don't have a boyfriend. That was my brother."

"The famous brother that I stole clothes from." Touya laughed, referring to when you lent him Keigo's clothes.

"Yes, that's the one." You nodded.

"And why can't I meet him?"

"He'll kill me! I've never told him about any friends or past lovers."

"Past lovers?" He raised an eyebrow, sitting up in your bed.

"Ah-" You sensed that you may have made a mistake, possibly. "Yeah, only like, two. I've been single for... two years now I think."

"For that long?"

"Mhm."

"Shocking."

"How is that shocking?" Your crossed your arms, ready to take offense.

"I mean, I find you too good." He shrugged.

"You've said that before." You laughed a bit.

"I also find you beautiful."

"O-Oh." You felt heat rise to your cheeks hearing the compliment. He would smirk seeing your blush, and get out from the bed. He walked over to you, looking down at you. You looked up at him, trying to suppress the heat in your cheeks.

"I also think you're intelligent."

"Is that s-so?"

"And talented."

"I'm not that talented." You laughed, waving it off.

"You're a talented cook." Touya corrected.

"Okay yeah, I take pride in that." You giggled.

"You're overall just very bright."

"Heh.." You laughed nervously, looking away from him.

He would take his hand and cup your cheek, guiding your face back towards his. His hand was big and had no problem cupping your cheek. It felt almost as if it was made a perfect fit. "Overall, I find you absolutely mesmerizing."

You gulped, not daring to look away from him.