34

Miriko's house was nice. It was big, but it was also cozy. Her kitchen was to die for, at least to you. It was big and spacious with a lot of counter space. When you had the time and were grieving over the situation, you would cook for the two of you. She assured you that you didn't have to, but you wanted to.

You were welcomed to stay as long as you needed, and until Dabi was caught. As far as you knew, he was on the run, dodging law enforcement and hero society. Not only was Hawks looking for Dabi, but so was Endeavor, the person Dabi hated most. As for Miriko, she was under strict orders to keep an eye on you. And Keigo, surprisingly or maybe not so surprisingly, kept his distance away from you. He wasn't sure what villains were following him, and he didn't want to lead them to you.

On this particular night, you absolutely had to go to lab for your college classes. If you missed another one, you would fail the class and would have to take it again. You didn't want to fail and mess up your 3.8 GPA. If that was messed up, you would lose some of your scholarships, meaning you had no way to pay for your college, you wouldn't be able to tutor, and you wouldn't be able to participate in your favorite classes. And most of all, you would disappoint yourself. All of that hard work would just fly out of the window. And what would Keigo think?

He would probably blame it on the trauma of everything that had happened. Which was a valid excuse to everyone else around, but not to you. You worked so incredibly hard to where you wanted to be, and you let a man, a bad man, come and ruin everything. He got you in a mindset that maybe love should come before a career, and made you even think about starting a family, getting married and all of those life achievement things. You never really thought about them before. You had your brother and a close set of a few friends, and that's all you needed. And of course, your restaurant when it came time to open it.

But everything had changed now. You thought about your future, outside of just finishing college and starting up your restaurant. After the events and despite your 'hatred' for Touya at the moment, you did dream about staying with him and having a family. Moving into a nice family home with a big kitchen where you would be able to bake cookies with your son or daughter. It was a beautiful thought, one that made you genuinely happy. Even thinking about it now made you happy.

So why were you feeling so lousy?

Maybe you were wrong to text Keigo, because deep down you did want to be with Touya. Start a family with him, and go through all the struggles, challenges, love and happiness of marriage with him.

Despite your hatred for his actions, you loved him as a person. You knew he would do anything to protect you and make you feel loved. Who cares if he was a villain? He would burn the world for you and you knew that. You wanted someone like that—no, needed someone like that. Of course, it could be argued that Keigo would be that person. But having that emotional and physical connection along with the sense of safety and security was unmatched. Touya is unmatched.

When you got to lab, the professor did not look impressed by your sudden appearance. However, they never called you out on it. You weren't particularly behind on the work much to your surprise. Of course, you had Yuki to thank.

She was also in your lab, and had all of your passwords and usernames to everything school related. After not hearing from you after weeks on end, she decided to log into your accounts to see where you were at and helped you with some of your school work. Of course, after watching the news she later found out what was wrong, and felt good about helping you instead of being mad at you for being lazy.

"I owe you." You whispered to her.

"Don't mention it, I'm glad you're okay. Are you able to talk about it?" Yuki asked, trying to keep her voice low.

"I'll tell you after." You said, and she simply nodded.

Lab was as boring as ever, the professor simply rambling on. There was no experiments that needed to be done, so it was just three to four hours of her talking.

Once they let the class go, they wanted to you stay after for a few moments. When you approached their desk, their face looked annoyed. "Why haven't you been in class?"

"I was dealing with some issues, specifically some legal matters." You answered, which of course was the truth. "I'm not allowed to talk too much about it, under strict orders from some heroes." That was a lie.

"Which heroes?"

"Hawks and Miriko." You answered. Those were the two involved, so that was the truth.

"I saw your mug shot, Ms. Takami. I must say I'm disappointed. You had a bright future."

"I still have a bright future." You said quickly. "It was a misunderstanding, those charges have been dropped. And I'm caught up on my work so I don't know why this is an issue."

"I'm just saying. I think it may be best for you to take a semester off."

"No, I worked too hard. Thanks for you concern, but I'll be fine." With that, you stormed out of the room, hoping to catch up to Yuki.

However, it was late for Yuki, and she had to go home. You didn't blame her, you would tell her everything at a later time.

As you were walking home, you could have sworn you heard footsteps from behind you. They sounded familiar, and so did the energy of that said person. You were overcome with emotion. After finding out how you really felt about Touya (not hating him, but rather hating his actions), you were ecstatic. But you didn't want to show it.

Or maybe you did. You were just... you were just feeling to much. Butterflies returned to your stomach, and heat to your cheeks.

He was close behind you now, but you acted oblivious so you could think of what to do. Did you want to surprise him? Sure you did. But you also wanted to act fast so he wouldn't expect it, which was hard to do to someone like Touya. He was faster than you, and knew your movements before you even did.

Either way, you decided to give it a shot. You spun quickly on your heels, which caused you to crash into his chest. You didn't expect him to be that close to you. But despite that, you wrapped your arms around him, and he did the same. One hand was placed on your lower back, and one on the back of your head, pushing you into his chest. You held him tight for what seemed like forever and a lifetime, and he couldn't have been happier.

"I missed you." He said softly, kissing the top of your head. "Im glad you're okay."

"I missed you too. I'm so sorry."

"Don't apologize. You needed time to search your feelings after what happened, and I definitely came on a bit strong." He chuckled to himself. "But I'm glad to have you now. I just didn't know how to... explain or show how strong my love for you was." You listened to his heartbeat as your ear was pressed to his chest. It started beating a bit faster.

"You're the first person to accept me for who I am. The scars never bothered you, and you showed me kindness that no one had ever before. So when I did stupid things that put me at risk of losing you, I'll admit it, I went a little crazy. I didn't want to lose you, so I decided to hold onto you, but that only pushed you away more..."

You pulled away from him so you could see his face. As usual, he had his mask on. You grabbed it gently and pulled it down so it rested underneath his chin. You then went on your tip-toes, and kissed him quickly.

"Im glad you missed me." He smiled. "Let's go."

"Go where? The people who I'm staying with will be worried."

"Tell then your spending the night with a friend." He smirked. "We're checking into a motel for the night."