33

Once back at the apartment from your "date night" at a food truck, you hurried in and went straight for the bedroom, closing the door and locking it. You needed a minute for yourself, and Touya understood once he calmed down a bit himself. He wasn't a fan of how quick you did it, though.

After about an hour, you still had yourself locked in the room, and could hear the television blaring from the living room. You didn't care, all you care about was the fact that you were finally alone, even if a serial killer was right outside the door watching t.v as if it was his own house. You supposed it was though, and whose fault was that? Your own.

As Touya was watching t.v, he heard a pretty loud knock at the door. He lowered the volume to make sure it was actually the door he was hearing, and got up when he heard it again, this time more aggressive. He got up with a groan, not particularly happy to be getting up. When he got to the door, he rested his hand on the door knob, waiting for the person to knock on the door again. The person knocked again, this time harder and even louder. Touya, starting to feel rage build up in his stomach, swung the door open, forgetting to look out the peep hole.

In milliseconds, Keigo came through the door, his forearm making contact with Touya's chest. He came in with such force that it pinned him to the wall across the apartment by a window. Touya had no time to react, so he just had to let it happen.

As for you, you heard the commotion outside of the room. As you were about to exit the room to see what was going on, Miriko could be seen outside the bedroom window, waving to you. You hurried over and opened the window, and she grabbed your arm to pull you out onto the little balcony and stair case that wraps around the complex.

"Let's go, hurry." She said to you as you stepped on to the balcony.

"He'll get me if he knows I'm gone." You explained to her, but she shook her head.

"Your brother is taking care of that."

"Keigo..? But he's still—"

"Nothing could ever stop him from protecting you. Now come on!"

**

"Leave my sister alone!" Keigo yelled, punching Dabi in the stomach. Dabi coughed, some blood coming with it.

"You can't ask me to do that." Dabi shook his head, and managed to push Keigo off of him. "I would rather die."

"Then it looks like you're dying today." Keigo's eyes were dark, something that you have never known, but Dabi had witnessed once before.

"Under other circumstances I'd say 'fine, kill me,'—"

"Good, because that's what I'm planning to do."

"You didn't let me finish you dumb bird. Since your sister is involved, I will be living. I will live for her."

"Not for long." As Keigo prepared an attack, Dabi protected himself, using his fire. He blasted Keigo, sending him into the wall which cracked it. He was still recovering from his previous injuries, his burnt wings.

Dabi walked over to him, and grabbed him by his throat, and lifted him up, pinning him to the wall. "What's your goal here, birdie? Stop me from seeing your sister? Being with her? Are you playing the protective big brother role? Where was that a few months ago? I've been here the whole fucking time and you never knew. You're just now playing the role? How fucking stupid are you? You can't protect her, only I can."

Keigo spit in his face, but Dabi wasn't fazed. In fact, he only squeezed his hand tighter around this throat. Keigo lifted up his leg and placed his foot on Dabi's chest, and pushed him away with all of the force that he could. He did stumble back a bit, but Keigo's main goal was to just get him away from his throat.

Dabi used his fire yet again, creating a great flame that almost engulfed the whole room. Keigo ducked, falling on to the floor, not wanting to burn that wings that he had that were coming back slowly. He was successful dodging that attack, but caused the door to the apartment to fly of its hinges. It caused some people who were passing your apartment to scream and scurry passed to they didn't burn to a crisp.

"You manipulate her!" Keigo screamed at Dabi, rising up from the floor.

"I manipulate her? What about you and you stupid hero society!? Thinking that you could protect her. You'd give her up in a heartbeat if it meant saving the world!"

"You think I'd do that?! I would do everything for her! I'd give up everything, and that's what I'm doing! I'm putting my life and job in the line!"

"What do you want, a fucking medal!?"

"No, I want you dead."

***

It was 4:32 am, and you were at Miriko's house watching the news. The fight between Hawks and Dabi had just ended, but of course not without a bit of damage. Almost the whole complex was destroyed, your apartment getting the worst of it. Everything was destroyed. Your memories of you and your friends, recipe books you bought and created, and all of your school work. It was devastating. Literally and metaphorically, your life was destroyed.

"How are you doing?" Miriko asked as she made tea in the kitchen.

"Horrible." You answered quickly, your eyes glued to the television as they continued to lay out all the details of the horrific event.

"I'm sorry. Maybe you should get some rest, though."

"How can I rest after this?" You asked, snapping your head over at her. She flinched when she saw your face, a hint of darkness across it. It reminded her of Keigo when he was frustrated, angry, and hurt. If she didn't believe you were siblings before, she definitely believed it now. You both wore the same expression.

Your attention was brought back to the television when they started to talk about the damages. "The apartment complex has decided to move its residents to hotels in the area until renovations are completed. So far, no fatalities have been reported, but two people who were caught in the crossfire of it all were taken to the hospital. Their statuses are unknown at this time."

"Miriko was also seen, rescuing a woman from her window, the same room that the attack took place in."

"Do we know the status of that girl?"

"That is also unknown at this time."

"I heard that Pro-Hero Hawks is also offering to pay for all the damages."

"What a good person!"

"To change the topic slightly, the Villain, Dabi, has also been reported as missing."

"He ran from the scene?"

"Ran, escaped, was let go, it's unknown."

You turned off the t.v, sighing as you held your head. Miriko came over and placed your cup of tea in front of you. "Im not sure if Keigo told you, but you're going to be staying here with me for a while. No one knows where I live, so it's the safest option."

"Thank you."