Moroi Hangovers

~

Moroi Hangovers

I remember being a little kid, roaming the large halls of St. Vladimir. I had a best friend, it wasn't my sister, but his name was Mason Ashford. Granted he was seven years younger than me, but he was always that annoying kid who wouldn't leave me alone, and then he just became my little brother.

He was a tall, dark and handsome man, with curly dark hair and the lightest shade of brown you will ever see. He was loyal and fearless when it came to protecting his friends but he had a severe problem.

Growing up, he was my best friend but after he met Rose Hathaway, he slowly pulled away from me until he became attached to the hip with Rose falling completely head over heels for her. Rose Hathaway is eighteen and was a Novice, on her way to becoming a little Janine Hathaway Junior, but she and Lissa fled. 

Worry and panic for my sister rang deep, but I knew the only reason she would run away and to the outside world no doubt, would be very dire. She would have needed a life-or-death dilemma to keep her from here. This academy has been her whole life and as my entire being called out to her, to find her. 

I stayed where I was. Why? I don't know, but I had a feeling deep in my gut that I'd be seeing Lissa a lot quicker than I had expected. 

I dance through the room, for quite a long time, so long I lost track of time altogether as I throw back drink after drink. I lost Dimitri for a while, he disappeared and had been gone for a while until suddenly he showed up randomly again, but this time with a cold-set attitude. 

"It's been three hours Lilianna, you need to go to bed and so do I. I was supposed to be the responsible one." Dimitri says, turning up from the right, he latches a hand around my forearm and twirls me around to face him. 

I could feel the sweat clinging to my face, my legs wobble every so often, my heart hammered wildly in my chest and my arm tingled, no actually my whole body tingled, I had the urge to laugh so badly, but I watch as the serious expression doesn't leave Dimitris face. 

"So was I," I say, not really comprehending what we were talking about, but the green in Dimitri's eyes flickered with an emotion I couldn't decipher as he clears his throat and turns away. 

"I'll walk you to your room, we will begin training tomorrow evening when you've had some sleep." Dimitri says, his face completely closed once again as he steps back and waits for me to make a move. 

I sigh, feeling defeated and knowing I was way beyond drunk, I let my shoulders sag forward, and turn around, not bothering to spare a glance at my surroundings, I knew Mia had buried whatever bad feelings she had in the next man's arms, so I didn't bother to look for her. 

I knew enough is enough, when crossing into the hallway, and out of the room, I stumbled, catching my foot on the doorstep, and falling forward. Before I could get too far to the floor, I feel Dimitri's hand latch around the left side of my hip, his hand hooking around my waist and he pulls me backward. 

Right into his chest. 

My back lands hard up against his chest, I could feel intense heat pouring out of Dimitri's hand, as well as could feel the scorching hot skin against my bare skin, where Dimitri had his hand, it was gripped tightly around my skin as it somehow had avoided my shirt or shorts altogether. 

My lips open of their own accord and a gasp tumbles out as I could feel Dimitri's other hand grip the other side of my waist, and feel his chest heaving up and down heavily. His nostrils no doubt flare as he breathes in and out deeply. 

As I go to take a deep breath in, Dimitri had sucked in a large breath and let me go, unwrapping his hand from my waist, leaning away and continuing forwards as if nothing happened. 

I stay rooted to the spot, watching Dimitris back as he walks down the hall, and suck in a sharp breath, my throat automatically closes up and a gulp makes its way down my throat. An anxious and nervous gulp. 

Getting to know this Dhampir will be a lot harder than I thought.

I stumble my way to my staircase and wobble my way up the stairs until I reach my bedroom door, and swing it open to reveal my small bed and bedside table. Books lined my entire shelving and only two big drawers adorned my bedside table where I kept all my clothes in. 

"I'll leave you to it, I'll be in The Docks come tomorrow evening. Training begins then." Dimtri says curtly before slamming my bedroom door on me and leaving me to my thoughts. 

Which weren't on anything but sleep. 

I almost have to crawl myself into my bed, fatigue overtaking me, as the events of the day caught up to me and I close my eyes, falling asleep almost instantly. 

~

I woke up the next morning with a huge pounding headache, most of the night was a blur except for arriving at the party, and dancing, but that was about it. 

My head was fuzzy as was the confusion surrounding my head and I decided on a run around the school's inner perimeter, running around the halls inside the school, I run the tenth time avoiding The Docks, and for some reason, I had this feeling to postpone today's session. 

But another part of me was excited about the training session. There was something sweet but fiery that crackled in the air between us, and it both excited and frightened me. 

I run the eleventh time around the school but make a stop by The Docks to see Dimitri alone by one of the hanging bags, punching away, concentration and stress stuck on his face. 

"Are you okay?" I ask, walking up to him and the hanging bag. 

"No, not really." Dimitri responds sharply.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask.

"Why would you want to talk about it?" Dimitri suddenly explodes as he exclaims and turns to face me. 

Dimitri Belikovs face was beet red, his golden honey-colored hair ruffled, and his green eyes hindered with so many emotions, they flickered back and forth over and over in a matter of minutes as we stare at each other, caught up in the moment momentarily. 

"I just wanted to help, but okay fine have it your way." I say, turning around, only to stop as I feel Dimitri's hand latch around my wrist stopping me.

"Wait, I'm sorry Lilianna...I didn't mean that, I'm just having issues." Dimitri immediately apologizes, his face softening a little as his voice gets a couple of tones lighter. 

"And those issues being?" I ask, turning half around so my face was turned towards him, but my body was not, his hand still clamped around my wrist.

"My little sister, she is a student at a distant academy and she is having trouble with a royal bullying her." Dimitri says, with a soft sigh. 

Finally...

Finally, he told me something about him!

"I'm sorry, I couldn't imagine what she is going through," I say because I didn't know exactly what to say at this exact moment. 

"It's okay, she's taking it pretty well, that's just why I am not taking it so well. She is so mature for her age." Dimitri says, love and warmth swimming in his eyes before his eyes flicker up to meet mine, determination and confidence now looming in his eyes. 

"Okay, Novice...Time to get training." Dimitri says, squaring off with me and circling around me.

Time to get training indeed.