Get Ready, Your Highness

{Authors Note}

Welcome to the next chapter of Always and Forevermore Yours Volume 1.

It feels good to finally be back!

{Just a little sidenote} ~ Anyone who thinks it's funny to troll or leave random comments that don't pertain to the book, please leave your comments to yourself. 

I won't delete it or block you, I will just leave it there for others to see your immaturity.

Don't leave troll, hate, or just plain sarcastic comments on my works, it may not seem it, but I do work hard to present some form of professional writing to my readers. And while some may not care for people to comment whatever they want unless it's pointedly offensive, therefore, I would really like to keep my comment section clean unless it really talks about the chapter, the part I post, and/or the book itself.

Thank you very much and enjoy.

~

Get Ready, Your Highness

I sat outside the perimeter of the school, by the wards. The Wards were the only thing keeping the Strigoi out. A magic wall separating me from the rest of the wonders of the world. We weren't allowed to go outside the Wards. Ever.

Strigoi was adapting, somehow. They were able to sustain themselves during the sunlight hours and that made adventure through the outside of the Ward extremely dangerous all hours of the day. Nobody was allowed outside at any time, with no exceptions.

At this point, I debated walking outside the wall, walking to the other side, and offering myself to the Strigoi. I kept hearing Dimitris's thoughts in my head, but I pushed mentally blocking out the noisy chatter altogether. 

I was so affected by what had happened, and completely out of nowhere at that.

I didn't love this Dhampir, I barely even liked him...But there was something there. Something that drove both of our animalistic urges over the edge and we bonded. 

We did something only in love vampires do. We weren't in love. 

What had I done? 

"What are you doing out here?" 

I close my eyes slowly and huffed a large breath, taking a brief moment to collect my thoughts and keep the mental block up between our minds.

"What does it matter to you?" I say, looking ahead and not turning toward Dimitri. 

I don't know what made me want to suddenly be this way, but for only a Guardian and Moroi, we were already way too close, the kisses and the blood exchange...All of this was way too fast and even my heart knew it, as it thudded with every step that Dimitri made toward me.

My body already instinctively seems to read him, feel him, know him. My heart was in tune with him and so was my breathing, our breaths mingle into the otherwise silent air, slightly a little more heavy than usual.

"Lillian, I know you don't understand, I don't understand either. You know, what we did was just as a shock to me as it probably is to you." Dimitris soft and deep voice comes around my left until he is standing beside me, the Russian accent hung heavy on his words and so was the sincerity when he said it was a shock to him.

"What did we do?" I ask, not really towards Dimitri, I was just throwing it out and into the open air, making my thoughts known, trying to keep the mental block up.