Double Shadow Kissed

{Authors Note}

Surprise updates for you all!

Thank you to Kaitlyn__1256 for the idea for these two parts!

The last element revealed in the second update,  I take credit for!

Thank you very much and enjoy!

~

Double Shadow Kissed 

Lilliannas POV

My head sweeps from side to side glancing at Rose and peering my curious eyes at Dimitri as we all stand inside the dining hall for the queen's quarters, thankfully Tatiana had already gone to sleep as the sun was beginning to rise.

Vasilisa, Rose, Dimitri and I were sitting around a small round table off to the table, this one was designated to the kids, the royal kids who wanted to be like their parents and eat at the royal table. 

Lissa and Rose sat on one side of the round table, Dimitri and I sat opposite each other. The atmosphere was awkward and very tense, with nobody not really knowing what to say.

"It's so good to see you." Lissa says with love shining in her eyes.

I give a slight nod of my head, "I missed you to sister." I say.

This greeting was not uncommon between my sister and me, Lissa and I are not full-blooded sisters, only sharing the same mother, and even though we shared a family, we were never particularly close growing up, always having the opposite of hobbies and interests.

Lissa had actually grown up to like the idea of being queen, and if Andre had given up the crown Lissa would have taken it in a heartbeat.

I ignored her presence this entire time, not because I was trying to be rude, but because I didn't know what to do with the way Rose's eyes kept drifting away from the walls or Lissa as she explains some of their journeys while they were away from the school and kind of stares longingly at Dimitri.

"There is something out there Lily, something that is a lot more dangerous than just Strigoi." Lissa rushes out as she leans forward in her modern-day clothes, the white t-shirt tied on one side of her hip with a hair tie, the shirt stained in abstract colors. 

"What is that?" I ask, half distracted.

I could feel Dimitri's warm hand enclose around the middle of my upper right thigh, squeezing comforting circles, but the warmth was doing something to me, at least on the inside.

The more I could feel Dimitri's thumb rubbing warm and fingers drawing lazy circles on my thigh the more something clawed at me, trying to get out. A line of fire started at the at of my stomach and then it grew bigger as it engulfed my entire body.

I was trying to ignore the feeling all the while concentrating on my sister's urgent words and tone of voice, so I take my right hand down off the top of the table and run my hand down the tablecloth until I could feel Dimitri's hand grasped within my own.

I turn his hand over and intertwine our fingers together, firmly placing my palm against his warm skin and hold it on my thigh, out of the corner of my eye I could see the small glimpse of Dimitri's lips pulling up into a light smile.

"Hunters." Lissa whispers, leaning forward even more.

"What kind of hunters?" I ask, my breath a little uneven, but I straighten my stance and placed my feet firmly on the floor.