Almost

~

Almost

Unknown POV

I watch in the distance as the lights surrounded the school and the inside party, the woods behind me quiet and dark, the only thing heard was the other's rapid breathing.

"When?" I hear behind me and turn to address my group.

"Almost..." I trail off, turning back to look toward St. Vladimir with a longing in my heart, I knew she was there, I watched the car drive up to the gates, I wasn't the one who sent them after her, but I knew I could protect her from a distance.

She had no idea who I was, but since I lost her, I've never stopped trying to get back to her. 

"How do we know your inside man will come through? What's to say he warns them instead?" Flannigan my right-hand man insists from beside me.

Shock resonated within me to hear the doubt and astonishment in his voice. He doubted this plan. I couldn't have a weak link in my group, 

Jenson made sure that all of his students in training were molded to his ways, and learned to go with their gut.

He made sure to instill one of his mantras into our minds; 'never allow any outsiders to enter your inner circle, all you ever need was your group', and that mantra has given me the means for survival. 

"Flannigan, do you have doubts?" I turn to him, my left hand going down to my small dagger, I ran my pointer finger along the smooth jeweled hilt.

"Well-" Flannigan is cut off as two men come up to grab his arms and spread them out on either side, "Ethan, please-"

My heart seizes in my chest, but nevertheless, I peel my eyes away from Flannigans desperate and terrified face, "You know what you have to do." I hang my head as I walk forwards towards one of the huts and try my hardest to ignore Flannigan's scream of agony and pain as they defang him.

I knew it shouldn't be this way, but I had no choice. Jensons rules were clear and anyone willing to go against his rules will suffer, I've gotten so close to her for the first time since she was a baby, and I will not pass up the chance to actually get to see her again and maybe explain what s going on.

"You murderer! You will burn in hell for thi-" Flannigan's screams were cut off by the men who held him as one staked him and the other tore his head off his shoulders, the only way to kill our kind is to defang so we cant bite, stake to immobilize the body and rip off the head to completely kill our undead body.

"Should we tell Jenson what has happened?" Lyla my right-hand woman comes up to me and gently grabs my wrist in her hand, encircling our hands together and intertwining our fingers.

She was also my mate, we Blood Bonded decades ago, around the time that I was just figuring out my new form.

"No, let him figure it out on his own, we attack at Sunrise...That's when they'll be at their weakest." I say as impending doom fills my body.

Time to put my game face on.