Ignorance Is Bliss

~

Ignorance Is Bliss

It had been a few days since I left my room, I went to sleep after my first training session with Dimitri and woke up to a blonde-haired Dhampir Guardian threatening my status as well as my removal from the academy if I continued to see 'Guardian Belikov'. 

My first thought was anger for assuming I was seeing him, but then I remembered the scene that took place in the middle of the courtyard, I then forgot about my anger and then my anxiety settled deep in my gut knowing these rumors would have circled around the school. 

My second thought was of how this would affect him being my Guardian, would he ask to be reassigned? Would he not want anything to do with me? Would he ignore me? Many thoughts kept me busy and so I lay in my room and kept the door locked for days.

 The hunger and fatigue completely wash over me, but I don't go to the door for a feeder, or for help. For two days, I stay curled up in my bed, either asleep or staring at the wall lost deep in my thoughts.

Dhampir and Moroi relationships or mostly relations were encouraged and mostly pushed in these days, the reproduction seeming more and more pressing as more lives are taken by the Strigoi every day, but a Guardian and well, the person you're assigned to protect. 

It's not a good match, it wouldn't be a good match. I am powerful, I probably don't even know how powerful I am yet, but I assume I am powerful enough to keep taking on Strigoi and learn more about my strange powers.

On top of that, I am learning more about Dhampir fighting, sharpening my hands-on skills and my mind is reforming, it will take time to actually become something, but I am hoping that one day, I will be able to help my Guardian, no matter who and be able to fight with my own strength. 

The whole purpose of a Dhampir Guardian-Moroi relationship is for them to protect us against the Strigoi, not the other way around as well as the romance was basically forbidden.

I hear a loud thump on my door, jumping me out of my once again pressing thoughts. 

"Lillian?" Dimitri's voice held his Russian accent almost completely, the tone of his voice rang out, hitting my gut.

Restlessness, anxiousness, tiredness, desire, wanting, and a deep fiery feeling wafted through the door, all the feelings rushed through me, as if I could feel them, did feel them...But after a moment when I heard both a skip in my chest as well as a distant thud resounding outside the door, I knew. 

These feelings came from him. 

"Lillian I know you're in there, I can feel you. Open the door." Dimitri says, knocking on the door once again.

It was true. I could feel him as well, it was a low hum, the low beat of the drums still there, signifying I was hearing his heart. I could feel him. 

"Open this damn door...Or I'm going to open it for you." Dimitri warns. 

The dark tone behind his words made a pang of excitement and slight fear racing through my limbs and straight to my heart. What in the hell was happening to me?

"Wait!" I exclaimed, hopping out of my bed and springing to the door fast, I was trying to be quick before Dimitri decided to actually ram down the door.

I swing the door open not bothering to wait for him to say anything before I turn around, walk back inside my room, and hear my door slam closed with a loud thud as I walk towards my bed.