Life's Fleeting Moments

{Authors Note}

I am so sorry for the late update, I have been struggling really hard and for some reason, it is just getting more demanding and I decided to step away from my computer altogether and spend time trying to heal with my family.

I found it was really healing and after pausing this book for so long, I have thought out the storyline for this book and for future books to come!

-Welcome to Dimitri's POV, which takes place during A Test of Strength!

I hope you all enjoy a different side of things!

~

Lifes Fleeting Moments 

Dimitris POV

I couldn't sit still at all.

As soon as Lillian had disappeared through the gates and out ito the wilderness, my nerves were acting up.

I didn't know why, I knew I was scared for her, nervous for her first time vulnerable like this, but I knew that whatever she faced, she would succeed and come back.

I did not expect to meet Lillian and I knew at some point I would have to face both Rose and Lissa for this. 

I was Lissa's appointed Guardian and was supposed to train Rose to take my position.

That didn't end well.

Now I'm Blood Bonded to a Moroi. A fucking Moroi princess at that, the council can have my hand forced and make me remove the bond, or they can succumb to the choice Lillian made and even that is highly unlikely.

I shower in the Dhampir dorm rooms, this school was the only thing keeping me going, the rules and the code I lived by kept me in balance and on the right track to becoming something.

I let the hot water run over me, letting my head hang and my reality sinks in.

I'll be going to my Tribunal now. 

I wasn't so much nervous about the decision of my status at the academy, I was more worried about Lillian, out there and what was to happen if the Council would vote to remove the Bond. 

Would we still feel the way we do? Will it all be erased?

What is going to happen if it is to be removed? Would I be sent somewhere else? St. Judes? St. Clearwater? St. Ruthbirgh? There were so many around the world, so many that I could be sent to at any moment, within the snap of Queen Tatiana's fingers or the whisper of any of the council members.

Victor Dashkov is one of the many that I have to look out for, he and many others in the council have the queen's ear, and sometimes when that power falls into the wrong hands, it can be exploited. 

I don't think he is the worst person on the council, but he is one of the many that don't particularly like me, hence before the queen got murdered Tatiana had me fight to win for her to take the throne, and back then I was a different man.

I step into my pants, pull my dar shirt over my head and slide my arms in my dark jacket, the leather tight, but not too tight to restrict fast movement, and have to pause to lean on my dresser.

Something didn't feel right.

My heart accelerates fast and my breathing picks up speed out of nowhere, my chest begins to hurt and I have to drop myself a little to grab at my chest, "Ah." I groan, hot sheer panic floods my entire being.