A Test of Strength

~

{Authors Note}

I am so sorry I got these updates posted late, but they're here my folks!

Short chapter updates!

~

A Test of Strength

The van tumbles over and over, so many times I lose count as I am suspended in air and fated to hit wall after wall. But then, it stops. 

The van is left pinned upside down, everyone inside motionless as I lay breathing heavily, I inhale and feel the pressure build up in my lungs, I feel a tickle in m throat and let out a short cough.

I hear a shuffle and groan, "Princess?"

Freya.

"I'm okay, are you." I say, into the dimly lit air.

The moon was brightly lit and casted an errie bright shadow over the van, illuminating some few feet in front of me.

I heard a shuffle outside of the van and a scuffle, "Wait!" I whisper shout to Freya who had been slowly creeping over to me.

There was a loud roar, and a crash, something furry rips into the side of the van, ripping the sliding door off its hinges, it looks around and sets its dead eyes on Freya, opening its large quivering jaws.

"Go awa-"

The creature leaps forward, and settles its jaws around Freya's throat, reeling its body backward and dragging Freya's helpless body out of the van, I scream and scramble away from the doorway of the van, trying to get as deep into the van as possible.

Only it was too late, another creature this one a lighter shade of brown than the last leaps in and latches its hungry jaws onto my right shoulder. I open my mouth and scream as I am helplessly thrown out of the van and tossed onto the grass beside the van.

My shoulder throbs and flows freely with blood, I scream again as pain radiates through my body.

Something latches its jaws around my left ankle and my head wrenches up to lock eyes onto the dark beast, just in time to see it shake its head and feel my body being thrown like a rag doll left and right as it tries to tear a chunk of skin out of my body.

I scream again this time ending my scream in a loud wail, and feel something poking and prodding my mind.

'Lilian! I hear you, I'm coming!" I hear faintly in my head as redness blocks my vision, hearing the sickening smack of the creature's jaws, chewing on my skin.

At this point, I couldn't move my body, blood pooled everywhere around me, and I could feel the small ounce of strength I had inside me, ebbing away. The fiery pain that centered around my shoulder and now almost severed ankle made me open my mouth and let out an unnatural scream.

The scream warmed me, making an impossible heat spread through my body, as it reached my fingertips, I scream once more, but this tie out of pure anger, seeing the pure white light beneath the red surrounding my eyes. 

I heard the howl of the creature as I press my hands forward and incinerate, with whatever was inside of me the creature with every bit of being that was inside of me made the creature dissolve into ash in mere seconds.

Exhaustion takes over my body almost instantly, my body slumps to the ground and I feel warm hands envelop me before my head hit the ground.

"Oh Lilian, what have you gotten yourself into?"