3 • Before

My cat is laying on me and my foot is asleep but I can't move

My precious bb

P.S. I'm sorry if the descriptions don't make sense- I'm not good at describing

TW : Gore, murder (if you can't handle that, skip this chapter, it's not really important to the story)
C*garettes - I'll put a warning where it is and where it ends

Y/N's POV ; before Nevermore

My Senpai at this new school was a boy named Aiden Hunter. He was tall, with tabbed skin and fluffy blond hair. He always had a grin on his face. He wanted to be my friend, but his friends were against it.

"She's a vampire," they'd say. "She's a freak."

But Aiden followed me around anyway, telling me jokes and trying to make me smile. It was annoying, but I liked him. He was mine.

One day, I was sitting on the edge of the fountain in the quad. Aiden was beside me, talking loudly and grinning. A girl walked up to him. I remember her face. She was well-tanned with freckles along her cheeks and long black hair. Her eyes were bright green and she had pouty lips. Gracie.

"Hey, Aiden!" she said, flipping her hair. She pretended like I wasn't there. She wore a tube top that showed her belly button and booty shorts. "Wanna come hang out with me?"

Aiden shook his head. "Sorry, Gracie, I'm hanging out with Y/N!" I felt a stab of happiness. I loved that feeling almost as much as the feeling of a knife sinking into skin.

Gracie rolled her eyes, shooting me a glare. "Tch. Why don't you ditch the vampire? She's a loser anyway."

Aiden glanced at me. "Hey, Y/N, do you mind if I eat with Gracie today? We can still walk home together tonight." I didn't say anything, turning to look down at my book. He patted my shoulder and got up. Gracie out her arm around his and they walked away.

As I watched them leave, I decided that Gracie needed to go.

~time skip~

I'd done things like this before. Anyone who got in the way of my happily ever after gets killed. I was skipped to say the least.

TW : C*garettes begins here

I'd watched Gracie for a few weeks to figure out her schedule and habits. She was almost always with someone else, but I found a time where she was alone. Before school ended, Gracie would go to the back of the school to smoke a cigarette. She kept her bad habit a secret from the others to keep her reputation high.

TW : C*garettes ends here

I'd gone over the plan dozens of times. I'd stab her and drag her to the supply room closest to me, then drink as much blood as possible. Then I'd bring her to the dumpster and leave her there.

But when I arrived at the back of the school, knife in my fist, Gracie was nowhere to be found. I let out a pitiful giggle. Where the hell was she? Surely I hadn't made a mistake, right?

They possibility was low, but never zero. There were rare occasions where I made a mistake while slaughtering someone. But those were the times I ended up snapping and killing my beloved Senpai.

I refused to end Aiden.

Most of the students had left, so the school was pretty empty. Gracie's group of followers were crowded around the entrance, waiting for her to arrive. I stalked past them, wondering where my rival could be.

We need to cover more ground, the devilish voice in my head whispered. I took a satisfying breath and closed my eyes, balling my fists.

I didn't like the sensation of transforming into a bat. It was like feeling the blood pressure armband tighten but without the satisfying feeling of release at the end. Imagine that the pressure never stopped building to the point where you were being crushed into a small ball, about the size of your fist.

Sure, bats could fly. But I could turn myself to mist and climb walls without the need for a bat's wings.

Once I was fully transformed, I could fly up and around much quicker. Soon I found Gracie, sitting by the fountain. She had her hand in the water, swirling it around. I peered at her. Small scales, glistening in the light, had appeared along the top of her hand.

Gracie was a siren.

I quietly flew to a secluded area behind her while imagining the sweet taste of siren blood and let go of my bat form. I was about ten meters away from the fountain and if she noticed me, my plan would be ruined.

Turning myself to mist has the opposite feeling than that of a bat. Everything that keeps your body together lets go, all the pressure and tightness releases. It's the best feeling ever.

A vampire in mist, as we say, looks like a shadow if the vampire in question is good at it. If not, imagine a smoke machine where the smoke is pure black darkness. As the vampire moves, the smoke moves with it, low to the ground.

I was the latter.

I drifted over to her, waiting for her to stand up. Once she did, stretching, I appeared and dug the knife into her back.

Most vampires would attack their victim and bite them immediately, but not me. I loved the feeling of the blade's struggle to break the skin at first, but once it did, it was smooth and easy.

As the blade scraped Gracie's spine, she let out a hiss. I shoved the knife further into her body until I knew I'd gotten her heart. I stepped back, letting the blood pour out of her. Weakly, Gracie turned to glare at me one final time before she collapsed into the pool of her own blood.

I let out a laugh. Gracie was dead.

Ayyyyy three chapters in one day!!!! I have midterms next week and I should be studying but I have ADHD so f— that.

~Author-chan

1026 words