7 • Bonding

😪 Ughhhh (almost 700 views lesgooooo)

Y/N's POV

I sat next to Wednesday, the faint smell of her cinnamon perfume making my mouth water. It didn't help that she has a fresh cut on her hand from yesterday.

Wednesday had laid out the drawing on her desk along with open books and notes. Wednesday tapped a ballpoint pen on one of her notes. I read what she'd written.

(I couldn't find what Rowan's mother's name was, so I made one up - also couldn't find the year)

Ophelia Laslow, 19xx
"The girl will kill us all;
She will destroy Nevermore."
"Rowan, it's up to you to stop her."

"Who's that?" I asked. Wednesday pointed to the drawing.

"It's written on the back. It's also in the signature. I think she drew it. She's Rowan- she was Rowan's mother." Wednesday corrected herself. It seemed she didn't really want to talk much (I mean, we did see Rowan alive this morning), and expected me to read everything for myself.

Eh, no thanks. Reading is boring.

I changed the subject. "I heard you talking to your parents this morning." Wednesday nodded. "You never talk about your past?"

"I'd like to keep it that way."

I scoffed. "I didn't ask. Tell me about them. I'll tell you about myself." I showed my fangs, grinning.

"I couldn't care less."

"You're a ray of sunshine, Wednesday."

"Doesn't the sun kill vampires?" I put my hands up.

"Damn, okay. I'm still gonna talk about myself, though." I leaned back, watching her flip through an ancient book. "So. I'm a (zodiac sign if u believe in them). I've been kicked out of a few schools and killed everyone in the others. I'm 16, and my birthday is (mm/dd)."

"Interesting," Wednesday lied. I laughed.

"I'm planning on escaping Nevermore." This got her attention. Wednesday put down her mechanical pencil and looked at me. I felt a shiver up my spine as we locked eyes. "My, uh, friend Aiden is at my old school. I need to go to him."

Wednesday hesitated before saying, "You like him." I shrugged.

"None of your business."

"I'm just trying to get to know you." I ran my tongue over my fangs.

"Touché." I crossed my arms, looking out of the large window. It was still pretty dark out. "Yeah, I like him." I took an unnecessary breath. "But I-I killed his friend. I think he doesn't like me anymore." That was the first time I'd admitted that to anyone, including myself.

"You can't be sure." Wednesday shrugged. "You can't know that unless you ask him."

"That's why I'm gonna escape," I agreed. "Alright, your turn. What's your tragic backstory?"

Wednesday explained everything that'd led up to this point as I listened, trying to keep my gaze from her lips as she talked. When she was done, I realized that she and I were kinda similar. She wanted to escape, too.

"You know what?" I decided, straightening my back. "Let's escape together." I grinned. "What do you say?"

Wednesday smiled a bit, but hid it. "I say we should figure this out, first."

Do you ever feel so overwhelmed by everything that you wanna just cry and hide in bed? (#midterms) That's how I'm feeling rn. 😢😢

I love you guys so much, and I'll see you soon!

•Author-chan

534 words