9 • Carnivore

What holiday do you celebrate? Would you like me to do a special for it? I'll even do research ✨✨✨

Y/N's POV

I love plants that eat live creatures. At home, I had a plant that was larger than myself, and I would feed it classmates.

Sitting behind Wednesday in a class about the plants, I tried to listen. It was hard, though, because she was talking to the boy next to her. He was smiling and drawing; the paper I was gripping was beginning to tear.

"Are you okay?" the girl beside me whispered, inching away. I grinned at her, twitching.

"Yes. I am. Okay."

My head was twitching back and forth every so often, and my eyes were wide. I turned back to Wednesday, watching a small spider crawl towards her. The teacher began to speak to the pair, and Wednesday smacked the spider into dust.

"Miss Y/N?" Ms. Thornhill said, walking over to my desk. She put her hand in front of mine, almost touching it. I resisted the urge to break her finger. "Are you doing okay, dear?"

I let my gaze tear through her eyes, burying itself into her pupil with burning rage. "Yes," I said. "I'm. Alright. Yes." My head twitched again.

a bit creeped out, Thornhill went back to teaching. I tuned out all noises besides Wednesday's, even as she had a showdown of knowledge with the pretty siren girl, Bianca. My deadly stare slowly shifted from the back of Xavier's neck to Bianca.

How dare she think she's smarter than Wednesday?

I glared at her so hard I thought I saw smoke coming out of her scaly skin.

"Y/N." Ms. Thornhill announced my name so loudly that I almost punched the poor girl beside me. "Please pay attention. I'm sure whatever issues you have with Bianca and Xavier can be resolved later."

I nodded, sitting straight up and promising myself I'd kill everyone here, especially Ms. Thornhill.

Ahh sorry for the wait!!! This chapter is depressing but I need to study and I wanted to give you all an update.

•Toby

370 words