14 • Infirmary (and an extra)

Before we get into this chapter, I have a surprise for one of my dear readers.

Ash Ketchum, this is for you. 😈

┏━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┓

You were sitting behind Wednesday, her crystal ball glowing. She said her parents wanted to talk to you some more. Honestly, you couldn't blame them. You flicked your hair back, smug.

The ball shook slightly and Morticia Addam's face appeared. She was smiling.

"Ash, darling!" she said, loudly showing how she was excited. You nodded.

"That's me."

A bodyless voice from behind her boomed out. "Is that Ash Ketchum?!"

You froze, your jaw clenched. "What did you just call me?"

Gomez Addams appeared beside Morticia's. "Ash Ketchum! Like from Po-"

"I know what it's from," you growled, your voice low and dangerous. "Don't call me that, ever again."

Wednesday sighed. "Bye, Mother. Bye, Father." She turned off the crystal ball and turned to you.

"Marry me."

┗━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛

Let's get on with the story I know we've all been waiting for.

Enid's POV :

"Where have you been?!" I demanded as Wednesday appeared, N/N not far behind. "I am literally having a heart attack right now."

"Oh, no," N/N cooed sarcastically, smirking. I stuck my tongue out at her before continuing.

"Yoko's in the infirmary!" I exclaimed, which made N/N's eyes widen. I knew that Yoko liked N/N, but I wasn't really sure about N/N. It seemed like maybe she did care. I'd tell Yoko next time I saw her.

"What happened?" Wednesday asked, her voice monotone.

"Garlic bread incident at dinner." N/N grimaced. "She had a major allergic reaction, and now she's out of the Poe Cup. And now Maya wants to stay with her to make sure she's okay! We're down two people! We'll never win like this!"

"It wasn't an accident," Wednesday murmured. "Bianca's behind it."

"Damn, awesome," N/N mumbled under her breath. Wednesday and I both looked at her. She held up her hands. "What? It's pretty clever."

"I'd expect nothing less from her," agreed Wednesday bitterly. She looked back at me. "You and I are going to take her down tomorrow."

"Oi," N/N hissed. "What about me?! So do I just not exist? Am I a potato? Give me some credit, Day! You're down two people, right, Enid?"

"I was under the impression you would not want to participate." Wednesday shrugged.

N/N nodded, "I do not want to, that is correct. But is still pretty depressing that you didn't ask anyway." I giggled. Wednesday looked annoyed. "I can still help, though, right?" She turned to me, her e/c eyes blazing with a wicked fire. "I can help."

I put my thumb to my lips, thinking. What could N/N do to help?

"Sabotage." N/N's grin was full of evil intent.

"Did you just say sandwich?" Wednesday tilted her head to the side.

"No," N/N replied, furrowing her brow. "Sabotage. The art of ruining something for someone else." She crossed her arms. "I'll discreetly destroy the others' boats or whatever they are. I'll trip them and scare them. I'll even poison them. Give Bianca a taste of her own medicine."

"They're canoes. Anyway, I dunno, N/N . . ."

"You want to win, right? And what are the rules, anyway? If Bianca wants to play dirty, I'll tackle her into the mud." She cracked her knuckles. "I'll show her how to really play." N/N ran her tongue over her teeth.

"No murder," I scolded, waving my finger in the air.

N/N sighed. "No murder."

Short chapter but hi , everyone ! I'm back and hopefully our hiatus will die like Mrs. Thornhill ( 🤞 ) and I'll be back forevermore !!!

Hey , anyone played Tears of the Kingdom ? I NEED to talk about it with someone.

Anywho ~

Bye , psychopaths !

Love , Wisteria