Christmas

This is a oneshot about christmas at the Deluca-Bishops. Their last Christmas of two.

***

"Honey, I'm home." Maya chimes throught the flat. She is holding a big pinetree and her cheeks are red from the cold. "Alright, lets put it in the living room. I made some room for it." Carina came to kiss her wife, her hands proped up in her back. She has been having some issues with backpain, now that she is almost at 8 Months. "Honey, You shouldn't. Your back is already sore." "I know. I know. But we need space for the tree. Ah. It smells so good." She took  a big wiff. Maya smiled at her. "You look so pretty, when you are this happy." Maya said stroking her wifes cheak. Carina ducked away. "Ah, you have cold hands." Maya laughs. Carina yawns. "I do. Why don't you take a nap. And i set it up." "You would do that?" "Yeah. Sure. I know you barely slept last night." "Yeah. That lasanga gave me heartburn. I hate it." "I'm sorry. You almost did it." "Its fine. Its just, lasanga is one of my favorite foods, but i'll manage." Carina gave Maya a kiss. "I am so tired." "Go sleep. I'll set this up and put the lights on it. We can decorate it together later." "Thank you." "You are so welcome." Carina smiled and waddled into their bedroom.

The two wifes were spending a quiet Christmas together this year. Carina being pregnant and it being there last quiet christmas, they decided they would set up a tree on the 24th and have some chinese food, which Carina was craving and maybe watch a movie. Then on the 25th they would have breakfast, which Maya planed on preparing, and bringing Carina in bed. And maybe take a little walk in the neighborhood. Maya was working the nightshift and so they will get back together at the big party will be on the 26th at Amelias. The Shepardt-Bartlys decided to host a christmas-tea with the Grey-Sloan and the 19 People.

Maya set up the tree very was very concentrated, so she nearly jumped when Carina came out of the bedroom yelling. " I figured it out." "What?" Carina flopped on  the couch."Sorry, i didn't want to scare you. But i figured out the santa problem." "Santa problem?" Maya said, sitting down next to her. "Yeah. I don't know why, but my brain is weird and i thought about christmas and how it is celebrated around the world. Now Santa cannot bring presents to all kids." "I'm so sorry to tell you. Santa doesn't bring present at all." "No. No. Not the point. Wait for it. This is genius. So one thing is, that Santa, doesn't bring presents to all kids." "Only the nice?" "No. In other contrys there is Djed Moros in Russia, Weihnachtsmann and the Christkind in Germany." "Wait Germany has two people bringing gifts?" "Yeah. One is more comon in Bavaria and also Austria, the other in north of Germany. And Befana in Italy." "So more people not just one." "Right. Santa only does like America and Australia i think. Because its father Christmas in the UK, isn't it?" "I don't know." "So, but not only are it more people its also more than one night." "What?" " First time difference. If the present bringing person is clever it can use time difference to its adavantage." "Okay. So more time." "Yes. And not everyone gets their presents on the morning of the 25th. Some already get theirs on the evening of the 24th or even at the 6th of January. Like in Italy." "Wait what?" Carina smiles like she just solved world hunger. "Yeah. It was tradition in italy that the kids get their presents on the 6th. The witch Befana got lost looking for the baby jesus in the stable and so she hands out present to every house, in hopes of accedentily giving on to Jesus, too." "That is actually a nice story." Maya wraped her arms around her wife. "Yes. So now they have even more time." "Its an interesting thesis." Maya kissed Carina on the cheek. "But totaly usless." Carina said, now not smiling anymore. "Yeah. Absolutly stupid." Carina slapped her hand on her forehead. "Why didn't you stop me? I have a freaking doctorats degree. And that is what my brain proceded to think is the greatest thought to humankind." "It was cute. You were so excited." "Oh i feel stupid." Carina frowned. "No. You are so smart. You are just tired, my love." Maya cuckled. "i'm done with the lights. Lets decorated." Carina stood up and looked at the tree. She walked frome side to side. "Whats wrong?" "This tree is very.." She moves her hand in a curved motion. "Yeah, well we were late, there weren't many options." Maya defended herself. "Its okay." Carina tilted her head. Maya stood next to her. "Yeah. It is definatly not straight." She said. "Well." Carina smiled. "It would be the only one in this house. So it does fit to us." She leaned over and kissed her wife.