"She hasn't checked in yet." Oneshot

AN: I wanted a oneshot like that so i made a oneshot like that.

____________________________

Maya was walking up and down in the changing room with her phone in her hand. Andy came in and looked at her confused. "What are you doing?" "She hasn't checked in yet." "Who?" "Carina. I baked her Lasanga, but i messed it up and now she has food poisining and checked on her earlier and we had a real conversation and it was so good. I hate that i made her sick, but she was lying in my arms and i gave her a kiss and she said, she'd check in, but she hasn't and it has been three hours." Andys eyes grew bigger with every word Maya was saying. "You messed up a Lasagna? And you gave her food poisining?" "Yes. I'm an awfull cook. I am so so sorry. But now i don't know what to do. Should i look for her? Because she said she'd check in, but if nothing is wrong, i will seem overprotective, but what if something is wrong?" "Maya. Can you stop the pacing please." Andy said, making Maya stop rather apruptly. "So you want to know how she is doing, and she said she'll tell you, but she didn't." Maya nodded. "What would you do before you had a fight?" "I would run to check on her." "Okay. How was she, when you left her?" "She was vomiting a lot and had a slight temperature. She was shivering, but she was able to walk to the bed by herself and i put a trashbin next to her bed. Just in case and she said she felt slightly better and not like she was going to throw up again soon, so she was going to try to sleep." "Okay. So maybe she is still sleeping?" "Three hours?" Andy shrugged. "I think you should check on her. Fight or no fight. Food poisining is awfull and maybe you can give her some comfort." Maya nodded. "Shift is over in 15 Minutes and i am on desk duty so i can't be called out so i will change and then leave as soon as.." "GO. Maya go." "Okay." Maya said and grabbed a med-bag.

She knocked. "Carina?" Noone aswered. "Carina?" A cleaning man came across the hallway. "Hey you can you open the door for me? I need to check on a patient." Now Maya was glad she was still in Uniform. The man nodded and opened the door. Maya ran to the bed and saw no Carina. "Carina?" The bathroom light was off. She went in to find a very sick looking Carina: "Oh. My love." Carina didn't speak, she was awake, but her head hurt too much. She was so exhausted. Maya kneeled down infront of her. "Hey. " She strocked Carinas cheeks and winced at how hot they were. "Wow. You are so hot." Carina chuckled slightly, but winced at the pain in her body. Maya took her temperature. "103,2. Oh crap. That is way to high." "I don't feel good." Carina said. "I can see that." Maya softly squeezed her wifes hands. "I'd really like to get you to the hospital." "No. I am just tired and cold. Its food poisining. I..." And she threw up once again. Maya caresed her back and held her shaking wife tightly. After a while Carina said. "I feel better. Can we move to the bed. My entire body hurts and the floor is not comfortable." Maya nodded. "But be carefull. You are really weak." "Mhm." Carina said as she got up with Mayas help. But as soon as she was standing her legs gave in. "Oh." Maya said, as she caught her. "My legs are not working. I can't make them stand." Carina said slightly panicking. "I've got you. I will take you to the bed and call Andy to come with the Aid-Car. You need to go to a hospital." Carina felt like she was going to pass out any minute and just nodded. Maya put her down on the bed and strocked her hair out of her face.

"Andy. I need you to come with the Aid-Car. She is so weak, her temp is way to high and her legs keep giving out."..." Thank you. Hurry please." Maya hung up and sat down next to Carina, who was shivering and tears were running down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry. I am so sorry. I didn't mean for you to get so sick." "Its okay. I feel awfull, but atleast we are talking without fighting." Maya nodded. They looked at eachother after a while Carina started panicking. "Maya. I cant see." "What?" "My vision got blurry and now i can't see anything. Maya. I can't ... I can't see." "I am here. Its okay. I got you. Its okay. Breathe." Maya quickly hung another bag of fluids up and conected it to the IV she already gave Carina earlier that day. "I will give you some Feverreducers. Maybe that will help." Carina didn't respond. She was way out of it. "Carina? Carina?" Maya shook her, but she didn't react. She pushed the fever reducer and kept calling for her wife, but she as out like a light.

"Andy. Finaly." Maya said. "She passed out like 2 minutes ago, before that she complained of loss of vison and i had to carry her from the bathroom to the bed, her legs wouldn't carry her. I gave her some feverreducer and fluids." "OKay. Lets get her to Grey Sloan. Quickly. Maya step away. " Andy said. Her and Jack pushed Carina on a stretcher and then on the gurney. Maya was so scared. She held Carinas Hand the entire ride to the hospital, wispering sweet nothings in her ear.

"38 year old female. Temp 102.7 after 4cc of Acetaminophen, Unconcious for 15 Minutes, complaining of loss of limp funktion and visionloss before falling unconcious. extrensive vomiting due to foodpoisining. She has also had 1l of Saline." Andy said. Bailey was shooked. "Carina?" Andy nodded. "Oh my good. Okay. get labs and get her on pressors and page neuro." Bailey barked orders. "Maya please wait in the waiting room." Maya nodded. Jack said he'd drive the Aid-Car home and then join them. Andy and Maya were making their way up to the waiting room.

An hour later Bailey came to the the three firefighters, who immidiatly jumped to their feet. "She is awake and stable. Her temperature is still high and her bp borderline low, but there is a reason to that. She might want to tell you herself." Bailey said and Maya visibly relaxed. "So she will be okay." "Yes. We will keep her her until tomorrow. She will get treatment and will probably not be up to 100 percent for a little while, but she will be okay eventually." Maya nodded. "She was asking for you." Bailey said. Mayas eyes grew bigger. "Come on."

"Hey. I am so sorry." Maya said as she walked up to Carina in the big patient bed. "Its okay. I am already feeling a little better. I still feel pretty bad, but i think i am getting some good stuff here." Maya smiled and Carina smiled back. "Bailey said something about a reason for your low bp and that you want to tell me yourself." "Carina nodded. "Maya. I'm pregnant." "What? I thought.." "Yeah. These tests can be false. Or it was too early when i took it." "So it worked." Carina nodded. "Wow. That is awesome." Maya said almost crying tears of happiness. "So you still want this?" Carina asked. "Yes. I want this. I really want this. I am working with Diane and have uped my sessions with her last week, not because the SFD said, but because i wanted that. I love you and i want a family with you. I have a lot to talk to you about and explain, but i want you to know, that i am never going to let myself spiral again like i did. It was awefull. I was hurting and i made everyone hurt with me." "Hurt people, hurt people." said Carina. "That was exactly what Diane said." Maya chuckled. "I love you and i have a lot of work to do, but i am doing it for you and our family and myself. Because in order to love you and our baby, i need to love myself aswell." Carina was crying. "Don't cry." "No. I am just so happy." She took a deep breath. "Alright, then i am ready to come home. I want this with you. I love you. But, Bambina, one condition." "Anything." "Please never make me Lasanga, or anything else to eat, for that matter." Maya laughed. "I can do that. My love."

Maya cuddled closer to Carina, one hand on her stomach and on playing with the brunettes hair. Carina had fallen asleep, but Maya was watching her and she was so increadably greatfull for everything in that moment. Even her utterly awfull cooking skills.