Broken glass brings luck

Fighting and Love

Maya Bishop navigated the bustling corridors of the fire station with practiced ease, her boots echoing against the concrete floor as she went about her duties. As a firefighter, Maya was no stranger to danger, but today's mishap caught her completely off guard.

It happened in the chaos of the kitchen the urgency of the situation clouding Maya's focus as she rushed to extinguish the fire.
For some reason the team managed to not switch of the stove yet again and it started to burn. The Clinic was buzzing, and so everything was chaos as the fire started and the alarm went off.

In her haste, Maya failed to notice the shards of broken glass scattered across the floor until it was too late. With a sharp intake of breath, Maya felt a searing pain shoot through her foot as she stepped down onto the jagged edges.

Ignoring the pain, Maya gritted her teeth and continued on with the call, determined not to let her injury slow her down.

As the Adrenaline wore of the pain increased and every step caused her more agony.

As Maya limped into the bar later that evening, Carina greeted her with a warm smile, her eyes lighting up with love and concern.

"Hey, babe, how was your day? I heard about the fire? Really? Like how do you call yourselfes firefighters if you start kitchenfires everyweek? " Carina asked smiling and laughing.

Maya forced a smile, doing her best to mask the pain that radiated through her foot. "Ha ha very funny. I was not in the kitchen. I just her the alarm and came to put the fire out. So you have to ask Jack.," she replied nonchalantly, hoping Carina wouldn't notice the slight tremor in her voice.

But Carina's keen eyes didn't miss a thing, and she immediately sensed that something was wrong. "Maya, what's going on? You're limping," Carina said, her voice tinged with concern as she reached out to steady Maya.

Maya tried to brush off Carina's concern, insisting that it was nothing more than a minor sprain. But Carina wasn't convinced, and she gently insisted that Maya let her take a look.

Reluctantly, Maya allowed Carina to examine her foot, her heart pounding with anxiety as Carina carefully inspected the injury. And when Carina's fingers brushed against the tender skin, Maya couldn't hold back a sharp intake of breath.

Carina's eyes widened with alarm as she realized the severity of Maya's injury. "Maya, you're bleeding," she exclaimed, her voice tinged with panic as she examined the wound more closely.

Maya's heart sank as she realized she could no longer hide the truth from Carina. With a heavy sigh, she confessed what had happened at work, her voice trembling with shame and embarrassment.

"I stepped on some broken glass in the kitchen." Maya admitted, her eyes filled with regret. "I didn't want to worry you, so I tried to tough it out."

"That was so stupid. Maya! We talked about this? Why didn't you come down right away?" "I'm sorry okay. I don't want to be a baby infront of the team." "But this was an Agreement between us. You don't hide injurys. Maya i need to be able to trust you!" "So you mean i should text you about every papercut." Maya was mad, but mostly just grumpy because of the pain. "No. Come on Maya. We talked about this. You couldn't even walk properly." Maya sighed. "Okay. I'm sorry. I'll be better."

But Carina's expression softened with understanding, her heart swelling with love and compassion for her injured wife. "Don't say that. You are the best. I love you, Bambina. Okay. We have already packed everything up from the clinic. Let's get you to the hospital."

At the hospital, Carina helped Maya up to the OB floor and into an empty room. She got all the supplies and disinfected the wound. "Oh. Bambina there are still shards in your foot. I will numb it up but because you walked on it you shoved them up pretty good. It will not be comfortable."

Maya winced as she cleaned the wound and removed the remaining shards of glass, her hand clenching tightly around the stretcher as she endured the pain.

Despite her discomfort, Maya couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude for Carina's unwavering support and care. And as Carina carefully stitched up the wound, her touch gentle and reassuring, Maya felt a wave of relief wash over her.

Back at home, Carina tucked Maya into bed with a warm blanket and a mug of hot tea, her heart brimming with love and tenderness as she hovered over her injured wife.

"You should have told me sooner, Maya," Carina scolded gently, her voice tinged with concern. "I hate to see you in pain."

Maya's eyes filled with tears as she reached out to squeeze Carina's hand. "I'm sorry, Carina," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "I was just trying to be strong."

But Carina shook her head, her eyes shining with love and understanding. "You don't have to be strong all the time, Maya," she said softly. "I'm here for you, no matter what."

And as Maya drifted off to sleep, cradled in Carina's arms, she knew that she was truly blessed to have such a caring and compassionate partner by her side. In Carina's embrace, Maya found solace and comfort, knowing that together, they could weather any storm that came their way.