Sono qui, Bambina

Building, Accident, Pain

An; before we start this was definatly influenced by Maya in the harness this episode. Anyone who listens to the station 19 20/20 podcast knows how we feel about harnesses and especially Maya in a harness😂😂 btw. go Check the podcast out. It is great. I absolutly love it.

Maya Bishop gripped the rope tightly as she rappelled down the side of the towering building, her heart pounding in her chest with a heady mix of adrenaline and determination. She had been called to the scene to assist in a daring rescue operation, and now, as she descended towards the ground below, she felt a surge of pride knowing that she was doing everything in her power to help someone in need.

As Maya neared the bottom of the building, she could see the teen girl trapped on a ledge just a few meters above the ground. "Hey. My name is Maya. What happend?" "Cora, I was so stupid. I know it sounds like the opposite but i am usually not the type. I do parcour, but i know abandond buildings are shit to parcour in. But i was so angry and i saw this building on my run. Thought i could scale it." "I think my akle is busted." "Yeah. Probably wasn't the best desicion. I'll be right with you." "Why didn't you pull up the big Fire truck with the ladder." "And where would we park it?" The ground around the abandond factory was full of big pieces of rubble and old factory chimeys. "Right.".Without hesitation, Maya reppelled herself down to the girl, to get her to an Aidcar.

But just as Maya was about to make contact, she heard a sickening snap, and her world was suddenly plunged into chaos. The rope she had been relying on to support her weight, had snapped, sending her plummeting towards the ground below with terrifying speed.

"Maya!" Andys  voice echoed through the air, filled with panic and fear as she watched Maya fall. The rest of the team looked on in horror, their hearts pounding in their chests as they scrambled to come to terms with what had just happened.

Time seemed to slow to a crawl as Maya hurtled towards the ground, her mind racing with a thousand thoughts and emotions. She braced herself for the impact, knowing that it would be painful, but determined to stay conscious and alert for the sake of the injured individual still trapped on the ledge above.
With a thud, Maya hit the ground, her body absorbing the impact as she landed in the grass below. Pain shot through her leg, and she gasped in agony, struggling to catch her breath as she lay there, stunned and disoriented.

"Maya!" Andy's voice cut through the chaos, filled with fear and concern as she rushed to Maya's side. The rest of the team gathered around them, their faces pale with shock as they assessed the situation.

Maya tried to sit up, but the pain in her body was too intense, and she collapsed back onto the ground with a groan. Tears welled up in her eyes as she realized the extent of her injuries, and she fought to stay conscious despite the overwhelming pain.

Andy knelt beside Maya, her hands gentle as she checked the blonde over for injuries. "Maya, can you hear me?" she asked, her voice trembling with worry. "Are you okay?"

Maya nodded weakly, her breath coming in short, ragged gasps. "I think... I think my leg is broken," she managed to say, her voice strained with effort. Andy :"i think a few of your ribs are,too."

Andy's eyes filled with tears as she looked down at Maya, her heart breaking at the sight of her sister in pain. "We need to get you to the hospital," she said firmly, her voice tinged with urgency.

With the help of the rest of the team, Andy carefully lifted Maya onto a stretcher and loaded her into the waiting ambulance. Maya winced as they moved her, the pain in her body intensifying with each jostle and bump. It made her nauseous. "Its a good thing you wore your helmet." "Its...a..good...th..thing..there ...was
..a..all...that...grasss..ss.hm." Maya said and Andy grinned. She was still worried, Maya could be bleading internaly, but that fact that Maya was making jokes, cheered her up.

Just as they pulled up the ER Maya suddenly started gasping. "You Sat a dropping? How is you breathing?" "..b..aad.." Maya gasped. "He...lp..." "I got you Maya. Its okay." The doors opened. "Herrera whats going on." Teddy Altman asked. "Her oxygen just dropped,.she can't breathe. Its a pneumothorax i thing. Help me." They quikly pulled Maya out of the Aidcar.

Sure enough, as they pulled up to the emergency room entrance, Carina was there, her face drawn with concern as she rushed to Maya's side. Tears streamed down Carina's cheeks as she took Maya's hand in hers, offering words of love and reassurance.

"Okay. Maya i need to put a tube in we have no time for the anestetic to work so this is going to hurt. I'm sorry." But Maya couldn't hear her, it was all a blur. Then an excuciating stabbing pain in her side and then.... She could breathe again.

Hearing Maya scream was something nightmares were made out off. It wasn't loud or high pitched at was more a silent open mouth gasp. But it cursed Carina and Andy through blood and bone. But the Maya could breathe again and the two of them let go of held breaths. Carina wiped a tear of Mayas cheek. "Sono qui, bambina. Sono qui. Tuto bene. Si. Respira

Hours passed in a blur as Maya underwent tests and scans to determine the extent of her injuries.

Finally, the doctors emerged with their prognosis: Maya had suffered a fractured leg and several broken ribs one of which punctured her lung. She would need surgery to repair the damage to her lung and stabilize the fracture, but with time and rehabilitation, she would make a full recovery.

As Maya was wheeled into the operating room, Carina stayed by her side, holding her hand tightly and offering words of comfort and encouragement. "Sono qui, bambina." Maya drew strength from Carina's presence, knowing that together, they could overcome any obstacle that came their way.