Mason

An: All after the motto "write the Stories you want to read." Here we go.

Maya sits at Liam's bedside, her eyes fixed on his peaceful sleeping form. The soft glow of the bedside lamp casts a warm light over the room, illuminating the quiet stillness of the night. But despite the calm exterior, Maya's mind is anything but at peace.

She can't shake the image from her mind—the sight of her brother Mason at the pride parade, his face contorted with anger as he shouted insults at the crowd. It's been haunting her ever since, stirring up a whirlwind of conflicting emotions that she can't seem to escape.

Maya's chest tightens with a mixture of sadness and anger as she remembers the way Mason used to be—supportive, loving, always there for her when she needed him most. But now, seeing him on the other side of the barricades, protesting against everything she stands for, it feels like a betrayal.

Just then, the door creaks open, and Carina enters the room, her eyes filled with concern as she takes in Maya's troubled expression.

CARINA: Maya, what's wrong?

Maya's facade crumbles, and tears spill down her cheeks as she struggles to find the words to explain what she's feeling.

MAYA: It's... it's Mason. I saw him at the pride parade today, Carina. He was... he was one of the protestors.

Carina's heart breaks for Maya as she crosses the room and wraps her arms around her, offering her comfort and solace in her time of need.

CARINA: Oh, Maya. I'm so sorry.

Maya buries her face in Carina's shoulder, her body shaking with sobs as she finally lets herself feel the pain and confusion that have been building inside her all day.

MAYA: I just don't understand, Carina. He used to be so supportive, so accepting. He was there for me when Dad... when Dad hit me for kissing a girl.

CARINA: i thought you said youe dad never hit you?

MAYA: Only once. Mason even went downstairs, after lightsout, which was strictly forbidden an got me a pack of frozen peas for my swollen cheak.

She brushes her hand over her cheak.

MAYA: And now he's out there, protesting against pride parades? How could he do this to me?

Carina holds Maya close, her heart aching for the pain her wife is going through. She knows there are no easy answers, no quick fixes for the hurt Maya is feeling, but she's determined to be there for her every step of the way.

CARINA: I wish I had the answers, Maya. But all I can do is be here for you, and listen, and hold you close. You're not alone, okay? I'm right here with you. And you know he is wrong. Yeah? I mean the love we feel for Liam and for eachother. Its..

Carina stumbles for words

Maya nods, her tears slowly beginning to ebb as she takes comfort in Carina's embrace.

MAYA: fantastico.

In that moment, surrounded by love and understanding, she knows that no matter what challenges lie ahead, she and Carina will face them together, as they always have. And for now, that's enough.

AN:short but needed. I am thinking of writing another one where Maya and Mason meet, but i should write on my long story, and i should also rest, because i was so close to being hospitalized again on monday, yeah, but i love writing, it ups my mood and thats something isn't it.