What if.... coming out to her dad ended different.

"Are you sure you don't wanna invite your parents?" Carina asked. Maya went back to the papers she was rolling. "I don't even know where Mason is. And my mom it would just be... a hassle. I'd have to explain..." "And come out." Carina said with an Espresso in her hand. "Not that...i promise." Maya looked down. Her entire body seemed tense all of a sudden. She took a few deep breaths. "Are you okay?" "Mhm." Maya said and pressed her lips together. Carina put her Espresso down and hugged her from behind. "Hey. There is no pressure. Its okay. I know what its like to live with a dad that doesn't accept you. My dad by the way fully ignored me when i said i was getting married to you. He said:' ah okay. Did you read my new article.'" "Seriously?" "Yes. Those exact words." Maya turned around and kissed Carina. "We don't need people, who can't be happy for us. Because we're gonna get married." They sang and danced around the apartment.

-----

"Are you sure?" Andy asked as she brushed Mayas hair. "Because i can take your dad. I don't know if you can tell, but i've gotten jacked lately." Maya laughed. And they finished getting ready.

-----

Maya was sitting on the sofa and starring into nothing. Andy was getting ready herself and therefore in the bathroom. She could hear the laugher out of their bedroom. Carina had Amelia and Teddy on videocall with her to get ready. "Hold on, i need something." She heard and the door opened. "Are you dressed, Maya?" "No. Well i am, but no wedding dress." "Good." Carina said and took the hand away from her eyes. She quickly jumped into the living room to get a comp that she had left there. "Are you okay, Maya?" Carina asked seeing her soon to be wife sitting in a near catatonic state. "I am okay." Maya said not convincing. "Okay. Talk to me." Carina sat down next to Maya. Maya waited a little, but Carina didn't budge. "I lied." Maya broke the silence. "I lied, when i said my dad never layed hands on me. He did. Twice. And the reason for that both times was a girl. The first time he saw me kissing a girl, i was sixteen. She was my labpartner and she had come to my race and she stopped me after the race, pulled me aside and kissed me. But my dad found us. He yelled at me and dragged me home and slaped me as we came home. He made me promise not to do it again and pushed me away. He was very hard in his trainings the next few weeks. The next time was i was 19 and i was in done with school and i focused on my running and when i ran in the park this girl would run up to me and we would run a part of the way together. For a few weeks everyday. Then one day she didn't come, when i saw her the next day. I asked her. She told me her sister was sick and she had to be with her at the hospital and then she cryed and i didn't know how to deal with emotions, because emotions ment getting yelled at. But i liked her and i didn't want to yell at her, so i gave her a hug und we sat down on a bench and talked a little. She had been holding a lot in and needed someone to be there for her. My dad looked for me. He was increadibly angry, when he found me. He pulled me away and at home slaped me and pulled my hair to make me look at him and then he threw me to the floor and stepped on my fingers. It hurt. I never saw her again. I was just too scared." Maya wasn't crying, but her body was shaking and her eyes seemed so far away. She flinched as Carina pulled her in a hug. "I am so sorry, Bambina. I didn't know." "I would like my mom at my wedding, but that would mean my dad knows, too. I don't want him to hurt you." "Me?" Carina was confused. "Yes. It would be way worse for me than if he hurt me." Maya said. Carina kissed her forehead. "I love you. Now lets get ready."

---

"Okay. I will take your silence as rejection of my theory and we will get you hitched, without your family, you know without them even knowing." Maya thought about it. She didn't want her father to be this dictator in her life anymore. She wanted controll and if she wanted her mom at her wedding, she'd find a way. "Okay. Fine. Five minutes."

----

It took everything in Maya to knock on that door. She looked back at Andy and knocked. Maya took a few steps back and waited. Her Dad opened the door.
"Hi dad." She said and swallowed the big lump. Her voice could not be shaky now. "Hi sweety." The petnames, wow.
"I am bisexuall. A queer i guess they say now and i am in love with a woman and i am marriing her to night. I just wanted you to know that. And mom. You don't deserve to be cowaring behind him again. You have other options. My soon to be wife has offered to take you in and i would like to, so if at any point you have had enough, you know where we live and we will always have a bed for you." Maya looked at her mom. And because of that she didn't realize the clenched fists of her dad. "Young lady.." Lane started. "No." Maya said. "No more from you." And in that moment Maya regretted everything. Lane punched her right in thr face. Maya fell to the ground. She couldn't see what was happening around her, but Andy had taken that invitation. She had kicked and wrangled Lane to the ground holding him down. He was still screaming out insults at Maya. "Maya are you okay?" Andy said. Maya nodded, but her nose was bloody and her left side was already swelling up. "Mrs. Bishop. Can you please call the police?" "Already on it." Kathrine said and rang for PD. Andy held Lane down, she was much stronger than him, while Kathrine gave Maya tissues and an icepack for her face.

----

"How bad is it?" Maya asked. But she didn't even want an answer. Even speaking hurt a lot and so she knew it was not good. Bailey pressed lightly on her cheak. "It is very swollen and will likely be blue in a few hours. Your nose is broken, but since you can breathe okay, it is propably not displaced and your cheakbone is fine." "My left eye feels weird. "Its swolen and a few arteries burst in your eye. Its uncomfortable, but will go away." "Okay. So?" "I think you can get married, but if you get dizzy at all or nauseous. Tell me right away. " Maya nodded. "Can you tell Carina?" She said to Andy, not wanting the brunette to get a heart attack. Andy nodded and went to the room in which the brunette waited. She knocked. "Come in." "Hey." Andy said. "Wow. Carina, you look beautifull." "thank you. " She smiled. "What do you need? Help picking out Mayas dress?" "No." Andy looked to her hands, which were still bloody. That made Carina look at Andys hands aswell. "OH my god. Andy did you hurt yourself?" "No. But that is what i am here to talk about. Maya and I went to her father." "Oh no. No. That is not a good idea." Carina immediatly saw red, considering, what Maya had told her. "Yes. I know that now aswell." "Were is she? What happend?" "She is okay. Miranda checked her out. Her dad, Lane punched her in the face." "What?" Carina had to sit down. "Yes. She told him and he just..." Andy made the gesture like she was punching the air. "Oh my god. I need to see her. I need to know she is okay." "Okay. Come with me. But don't freak out." Andy said. Carina quickly pulled a coat over her jumpsuit and followed Andy.

"Bambina." Carina said with a shaky voice as she saw Mayas. She was holding an icepack to her face, and looked unwell. When she heard Carinas voice she sat up and turned to her. "Hey. Don't worry. Its not as bad as it looks. I am fine. I am sorry, i shouldn't have went there." Andy shook her head. "No i am sorry, i shouldn't have made you. I didn't know, he would do that." "Its okay. He is with the police now." Maya said and winced as a pain shot through her head. "Let me see, Bambina." Carina said quietly. Maya took the icepack away and Carina gasped slightly. "Oh Bambina." Mayas left eye was swollen shut and he nose was tripple the original size. Her entire left side was already turning blue. "Its okay. I hurts but we have a wedding to get to." Carina examined Mayas face carefully. "Can we have a  minute alone?" She then asked. The others scurried away. "I am going to tell the others downstairs, that we need another minute." Andy said and Carina nodded. Once the door was closed. Carina pulled Maya into a hug and Maya started crying. It hurt her face, but she couldn't keep it in anymore. "Its okay, bambina. He is not going to hurt you again. I am here." "Why did he do this?..Why... he ...what...I... Carina he...punched me...his daughter...why...?" Maya stammered. "I don't know, Bambina. But we will make sure he pays for it. Can you take a deep breath?" Maya did and after a few more, she was able to calm down. "I love you and nothing is goint to change that." "i love you, too. But i look horrible." "You still look so pretty to me." Carina said and carefully kissed Mayas nose and left cheak. "Do you want to push the wedding?" Carina asked "No. No. I am ready. I just needed to get this out. Can you get Andy to help me fix this." She pointed at her ruined makeup. "Sure and then get dressed. I love you, Maya." "I love you, too Carina."