What is bad for your foot and grey? --A rock

Bricks, Hospital, bloodstain

Maya Bishop gritted her teeth as she heaved the heavy piece of debris, her muscles straining with the effort. The building was engulfed in flames, and the heat was intense, but Maya was focused solely on the task at hand. She had to clear the path for her team, no matter the cost.

But just as Maya lifted the debris, her foot slipped on a loose piece of rubble, and the weight came crashing down on her foot with a sickening thud. Pain exploded through Maya's body, and she cried out in agony, dropping to her knees as she clutched her injured foot.

Vic rushed to her side, her face etched with concern as she knelt beside Maya.

"Maya, are you okay?"

Maya shook her head, her breath coming in short gasps as she fought to keep the pain at bay.

"My foot... I think it's crushed."

Vic wasted no time. She pushed the Cement wall of Maya, which caused another wave of pain within Maya. With a firm hand, she helped Maya to her feet, supporting her weight as they made their way out of the burning building. The flames roared around them, but Vic was a steady presence at Maya's side, guiding her through the chaos with calm determination.

Once they were safely outside, Vic gently lowered Maya to the ground, her hands flying into action as she assessed Maya's injury.

"Let me take a look at that foot."

Maya winced as Vic carefully removed her boot,and her bloodstained sock,  revealing a swollen, bruised mess underneath. Maya's foot throbbed with pain, but she bit back a cry, refusing to show weakness in front of her friend.

"It looks bad, Maya. We need to get you to the hospital."

Maya nodded, her heart sinking at the thought of leaving her team behind in the midst of the fire. But she knew Vic was right. She needed medical attention, and she couldn't afford to delay any longer.

With Vic's help, Maya managed to stand, leaning heavily on her friend as they made their way to the waiting ambulance. The journey was agonizing, every step sending waves of pain shooting up Maya's leg, but she gritted her teeth and soldiered on, determined to see this through to the end.

As they reached the ambulance, Maya suddenly felt short of breath.

"Hang in there, Maya. We'll get you patched up in no time. What is it? Are you okay? Are you having trouble breathing?" "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Maya gasped. "Maya. Breathe! What are you sorry for? It was not your fault." "I shouldn't leave you. I'm supossed to help you." "Maya. Oh sweet Maya. Please believe me, it is okay to rest, when you need it." Maya nodded. But the gaze in her eyes was still paniked. "Maya. Hey. Look at me. Its okay to rest. Yeah?" "Yeah." Maya said and nodded, this time more convinced.

Maya winced as the ambulance pulled up to the emergency room entrance, her foot throbbing with each movement. The paramedics swiftly unloaded her onto a stretcher and rushed her into the bustling ER. Maya felt a mixture of relief and anxiety flood through her as she was wheeled into the chaotic environment of the hospital.

Inside the ER, Maya was met by a whirlwind of activity. Nurses bustled about, patients moaned in pain, and the steady beep of machines filled the air. Maya tried to focus on her breathing, but the pain in her foot made it difficult to concentrate.

As Maya was wheeled into a curtained-off area, she caught sight of a familiar figure standing by the entrance. Carina Deluca, her wife, stood with a worried expression etched on her face. Maya's heart swelled with gratitude as Carina rushed to her side.

"Maya, oh my god, are you okay?" Carina's voice was laced with concern as she took Maya's hand in hers.

Maya managed a weak smile, her relief evident as she squeezed Carina's hand tightly. "I'm okay, Honey. But this really fucking hurts."

Carina's eyes softened with compassion as she gently brushed a strand of hair away from Maya's face. "I'm sorry, Bambina. I'm just glad you're here now."

As Maya settled onto the hospital bed, Dr. Atticus Lincoln, known as Link, approached with a concerned expression. "Maya, I'm going to take a look at your foot, okay?"

Maya nodded, her anxiety spiking as Link carefully examined her injured foot. She braced herself for the inevitable pain as Link prodded and pressed, trying to assess the extent of the damage.

Carina stood by Maya's side, offering words of comfort and reassurance as Maya gritted her teeth against the pain. Carina's presence was a balm to Maya's frayed nerves, and she found herself leaning into her wifes's embrace for support.

After what felt like an eternity, Link finished his examination and stepped back, a thoughtful expression on his face. "Well, Maya, it looks like you've got a pretty nasty fracture in your foot. I'm gonna get some x-rays, just to ne sure, but i think we need to get you into surgery to fix it."

Maya's heart sank at the news, but she knew she had no choice but to trust in the expertise of the medical team. She glanced up at Carina, her eyes silently pleading for reassurance.

Carina squeezed Maya's hand tightly "You've got this, Bambina. I'll be right here with you every step of the way."