Maya falls (6x12)

"reach up and take her Hand." "Take my hand." Maya was held up by a harnest. The influencer bent foreward and Maya slipped. The harnest ripped on the sharp rock and Maya fell. "Maya!!!" Andy yelled and the blonde screamed. The hole wasn't big enough and Maya hit her back hard on the rock wall. Because she was reaching for the influencer, she fell head first. Travis tryed to soften the blow, but it didn't stop Maya from hitting the ground at a terrible force. "Maya!!" Andy yelled again. "Bishop? Can you hear me?" Chief Ross said. Maya groaned. Her vision was blurry and her back felt like it was on fire. "Get me a c-collar down." Travis yelled. He shone a light in Mayas eyes. "Pupils are sluggish. Maya Maya talk to me." Maya didn't respond, she wanted to but she couldn't. Travis checked her for injuries. Immens pain shot through Mayas back as he checked her adomen and therefore pressed her back into the gravel. "Ahhhhh!!"she screamed and tears shot in her eyes. "I'm sorry, Maya. Can you hear me, please respond." "I can hear you, Travis. I... It hurts." She wimpered and her breathing was to fast. "I know, Maya. Breathe. We will get you out. Okay. Its going to be fine." Travis got some supplies ready and treated the bloody cut on Mayas chin and shoulder. "Montgomery update?" They had pulled the influencer up and Sullivan, Cuttler and Ruiz got the two out and on the road. Chief Ross stood at the edge next to Andy, who was still holding the remains of the harnest. "Montgomery?" The chief yelled again.  "Yes. She is responsive, slow pupilar reaction, pain in the abdomen, deep cut on chin and shoulder." "My back. My back hurts." Maya groaned. "She complains of backpain." Montgomery yelled up, just before he kneeled down and took Mayas shoe off. "Can you wiggle your toes?" Maya took a deep breath. She couldn't lift her head to see it, but her toes didn't move. "Can you feel that, Maya?" Travis said and poked her slightly with a rock. "What?" Maya and looked confused. "Travis, i don't feel good. Can you call my wife to pick me up." Travis got extremely worried. "Don't worry. You will be with her soon. Can you tell me what day today is?" Travis didn't know what the terms of Maya and Carinas relationship were right now, but they were definatly not at the "can you pick me up, please" yet. "Hm. Monday?" "What month?" "I don't know, Travis. Where am I?" Maya started to cry. "I am scared." This was absolutly not like Maya to cry, but this was also not an everyday situation.

They put her in a proper harnest and pulled her up. She screamed in agony at every move. Seeing her best friend like that made Andy shed a few tears herself. "Do you need to step out, Herrera?" The Chief asked her as she stifled a cry. "No. I am good. This is my best friend. I need her to be okay." "Okay. Lets get this over with. Bishop, we will pull you up the rest of the way and onto a stretcher. Are you ready?" "Please, stop. Stop." Maya was at the verge of passing out. "We can't, Bishop. We need to get you out. Three, two, one, Go." "Ahhhhh. Stop. Please. I can't." Maya screamed.

"Get her out of here and give her painmeds, stat." The chief said. Andy nodded. Maya had her eyes closed. "Maya. Open your eyes, please. Stay with me. Its going to be okay soon. Talk to me." "Andy. I... Mhmm..." Maya groaned and focused on staying awake. "Don't speak. Just stay with me." Andy said and pulled some painmeds in a syringe. "Okay. Its going to be better soon." Andy squeezed Mayas hand. Once Maya was on the monitores the could see her heartrate was skyhigh and her bp was low. "Andy. I can't feel my legs." "I know. Maya. It can be temporary. Don't freak out yet." Andy gestured to one of the firefighters to move. And they were on the way. "Maya. Stay awake. Please focus on me." "Mhm.", Maya slurred. The painmeds made her sleepy, but she needed to stay awake. She did have a helmet on, but they were quite sure she atleast had a concussion.

"Maya, we are almost there." Andy said. "Does Carina know?" "I haven't reached her yet." "Carina. Carina. The... The car... There was the a car crash..." Maya remembered. "What if she...what if she... What... If she is...hurt or.." "Maya calm down. Maya breathe. I am sure, she is fine. I need you to breathe. You are going to pass out." Mayas heartrate was climbing even higher and Andy didn't like it at all. "We will know soon, breathe. Okay. Its going to be okay." Maya took a few shaky breaths and her heartrate came down a little. "Good. Good." Andy strocked Mayas hair back softly.

"C.. Carina." Maya gasped as Dr. Hunt moved over to see her vitals better. "She is doing surrgery. We will page her." "Than...thank you." Maya said. Carina was okay. She was alive and well enough to do surrgery. The relieve she felt numbed the immens pain for a second. "Lets get a CT spine and head."

Maya ended up needing surrgery, while she was getting treated by Dr. Shepard, Andy waited for Carina to come. "Andy? I got paged. They said to find you? Are you okay?" "I am okay. I am fine. Carina. Please sit down." "What? I don't have time, there are two more mammas in labour. i.." "Carina, are you okay? Did the car hit you?" Andy asked. "Yes. I am fine. It didn't hit me. Why are you here? Did Maya send you?" Carina was anoyed, if Maya had wanted to check on her, why didn't she do it herself. "Maya is in surrgery. She was hurt on a call, Carina." Carina gasped. "What.. i don't... understand..." "We were getting some people out of a cave. They were down in a hole, Becket was supposed to get new harnests ours are probably older than i am. Mayas ripped and she slipped and fell down the hole. She had her helmet on, but she did hit her head and her back badly." "Oh my god." Carina got very pale. "Carina. Are you okay?" "Mhm." She took a few deep breaths. "How was she?" "She has a spinal fracture and a bad concussion. Dr. Shepard is already fixing her spine in the OR." "Oh my good." Andy rubbed Carinas back. "I need her to be okay. I can't loose her again." Carina cryed.

"She is stable." Dr. Shepard said. "We will have to wait for the swelling to go down to see if she will regain function in her legs, but i am hopefull." "Oh. Thank you, Amelia." Carina felt like she could finally breathe. The surrgery had taken hours. "Can i see her?" "Yes come on."

After a while Maya started to move. She groaned at the bright light. "Hey Bambina." Maya smiled. "You are here?" "Yes. i am here." "Thank you." Maya closed her eyes again. Carina pressed a soft kiss on Mayas lips.