14

After waking alone again Renjun was fine he's been having these dreams a lot lately and it always literally puts him into a panic because he would fear that maybe Haechan had died and his ghost was trying to communicate. Of course after seeing him on FaceTime yesterday he's chalking it up to irrational fear. He hums a little happier as he changes into some comfy sweats to finish his day off by doing nothing. As he gets to his bedroom door he can smell food cooking and he allows just a very tiny part of him to hope that it could just maybe be him, but realistically he knows it's probably Jaemin again.
Of course like he thought, Jaemin is standing by his stove and Jeno is sitting on his couch quietly watching tv.
"Hi guys." He says with a smile.
"Wow, Junie you look so much happier today." Jeno says as he walks up to hug him.
"Just knowing he's healthy and safe really helps, you know?" Jeno nods.
"Thank you guys for coming." He says as he back hugs Jaemin.
"You slept for a long time." Jaemin says.
"I woke up at noon. I had another dream about him but I fell back asleep." Jaemin hums he has told them all about his dreams.
"You should get more rest, it will do you some good. Maybe you should hire someone, temporarily?" Jaemin suggests watching his brows furrow.
"I can't, it would be too permanent then. I will hold out until he returns. I will be ok, besides after today I am full of energy." He says as he sits by Jeno, who slings his arm around him.
They eat a nice meal together and Jeno does the dishes when they are done. The whole point is to give him as much rest as possible. They stick around for a movie then head for home. Renjun looks at all of his photos of him and sighs.
"Please come home soon." He whispers.

After a really good nights sleep and the rest he had the day before, he is so ready to work his double shift today. He will be there from mid morning until close but he is feeling good.
He smiles a little brighter today and actually enjoys his job again. When he opened this place he was in love with the idea of meeting new and sometimes old friends every day, but he's been in such a fog lately that it's hard to enjoy anything.
As the day goes on he gets tired again. He was hoping this energy surge would last the whole time but nope.
It isn't until late afternoon that things go from just busy to really bad. He is putting away his order that just came on the truck and he slipped in the walk in cooler on a puddle of water. He twists his knee quite badly and just sits and tries to endure it.
Jisung and Chenle had to leave a few hours early to go to dinner with Jisung's parents so he's alone. He hears the bell on the door and slowly and painfully gets to his feet. He limps out to the front trying not to cry only to find a group of five. He sighs and gets to the front as quickly as possible.
"I'm going to have to ask you to take these to go. I'm in a lot of pain and I think I'm going to close early." They all agree that it will be fine and so he makes their order as quickly as possible and tries to only charge half price but they won't have it and they even tip him nicely too. He asks one of them to switch off the open light and cleans the machines. It's a slow process as he tries not to move around too much so he doesn't hurt himself more. He was hoping that it would work itself out but it seems he may have to go to the doctor.
After finishing the machines he grabs the rag to wipe all the tables because no matter how bad it hurts he won't leave a mess for the morning staff. When he gets to the last one he hears the door again.
"I'm sorry we're clo...." He can't speak when he sees him standing there. He drops his rag and pinches his arm hard before his tears start pouring out.
"Hey." Haechan says softly. Renjun is almost too stunned to move but instantly tries to run to him when his knee quickly takes him down. Haechan is quick to go to him and Renjun can only cling to his neck like his life depends on it. He holds him tightly and lets out all of his emotions that have been deep inside him this whole time. Haechan isn't much better, he holds him tight around his waist and cries on his shoulder.
"I'm so happy to see you." Renjun says in a whisper before he kisses his neck softly.
"Aren't you mad at me?" Renjun scoffs.
"Of course, I'm really fucking mad at you. I want to punch you, but not until after I hug you." Haechan smiles and walks toward the stool and sets him down before sitting next to him.
"Maybe, before the punching begins you can tell me what happened to you?" Haechan asks gently.
"I slipped earlier and twisted my knee." He says with a pout.
"Why didn't you call someone to help you?" He shakes his head no.
"I can't. Everyone has been so nice, they've all been taking care of me when I didn't want to care for myself. I didn't want to burden them anymore. I was trying to be better on my own." Haechan looks away ashamed and starts to cry all over again.
"I'm really sorry for all of this. I never meant for you to be hurt in the process, it just happened that way. Can you forgive me?" He asks softly. Renjun grabs his face and kisses his forehead, then his nose, then his cheeks before softly pressing his lips to Haechan's. Shocked doesn't quite describe Haechan's state of mind at the moment. He smiles with a big dopey grin and stares at him in awe.
"Did you just?" He asks as Renjun nods with a soft smile.
"Can you do it again?" He asks cutely. Renjun covers his lips with his finger.
"First we have to talk. You have to tell me everything and I'll do the same, then if we still want to kiss, then we will." Haechan hugs him again.
"Ok, but first we go to the doctor then we can go to your place and talk." Renjun smiles and kisses his cheek.
"Should we call the others?" Haechan asks as he picks him up and carry's him bridal style to his car.
"No, not yet. I want to keep you to myself for a while." Renjun says, feeling only slightly selfish, he's sure they would understand. Haechan only smiles and kisses his cheek now.

He has a torn ACL and was given crutches which he strongly disagrees with. He thinks Haechan and the doctor are over reacting but whatever. He doesn't mind Haechan being here to comfort him one bit.