34

When Renjun and Haechan walk in they see Mark slumped in a chair. He looks exhausted and completely terrified.
"Hey Markipoo." Haechan says softly.
"Hi guys. They are prepping him now. I got t-to say g-goodbye." He says sobbing.
"Oh baby, this is good he's getting his heart." He nods.
"I know, it's just that he will be hooked up to a machine for hours. His chest will be wide open, they will be pulling his blood out of his body and pumping it back in. I,I know this is for the best but I'm absolutely terrified."

"I'm sure the best doctors are in there. They have so much experience. He is going to be better than ever when he comes out." Renjun says softly.
They each take a side and hold his hands. He smiles softly and lays his head on Haechan's shoulder.
"Thank you so much for being here."

After a few more minutes the other four make their entrance and they all hug him. Jeno and Jaemin pull their chairs around so they can sit in front and Chenle and Jisung sit on the floor right in front of Mark and each take a hand. He is so great ful to have such a tight knit friend group. He doesn't know where he would be without their support.

"Once, we walked along the beach barefoot with our pants rolled at the bottom." Mark says as he chuckles softly.
"It was so cliché, but it is so him. He's always trying to do romantic things for me, always trying to make me feel special." The others sit with soft eyes and warm smiles as they listen to him talk. Just minutes before it was silent.
"Even while he was sick, you know before he got so bad? He wanted to help cook. He would tease me and feed me and kiss me in between bites. He is my heart and soul you know?" They all nod and give encouragement the best they can.

He continues talking about his Yuta for a couple hours before he starts to get overcome with sleepiness.
"Mark, you go lay down on that couch and get some rest." Renjun says softly. He shakes his head no. Renjun just shakes his head.
"Now how do you think Yuta will feel when he wakes up and you can't stay awake anymore?" Mark frowns.
"I'll wake you as soon as the doctor comes in, ok?" He finally caves in and instantly falls asleep.

Haechan and Renjun hold each other tightly as they sit waiting for any news. These two actually got a little sleep before unlike the others. Renjun looks up at Haechan and smiles softly.
"I love you." Haechan whispers.
"I love you, my world." Renjun says with his hand on Haechan's cheek. Haechan stares deep in his eyes. His heart swells with his overflowing emotions.
"I'm sorry we wasted so much time. I wish we could take it all back and re do everything." Haechan whispers.
"I think, the hardships we've faced and endured to get to this point are like stepping stones. I feel like because we know what exactly it is that we've suffered through, we will love deeper and stronger." Renjun says. Haechan leans in and gives him a sweet kiss.

They cuddle together and Renjun strokes his hair as he falls asleep on his shoulder. By the time the doctor comes in the sun has already risen. Renjun is exhausted but managed to stay awake the whole time.
"Mark, wake up. The doctor is here." He literally jumps off the couch and runs to him.
"Please tell me he's ok? Please?" The doctor nods with a small smile.
"The suregert was a success. Now we just have to monitor for infection and also watch to see that he doesn't reject it." Mark hugs the doctor, taking him by surprise but he isn't the first one to do so, so the doctor hugs back and let's him have his moment.
"What happens if he rejects it?" He asks slowly.
"Well, there will be symptoms and we catch it early enough it can be treated. It usually happens within three to six months." Mark nods and thanks him.

He turns to his friends who all have happy smiles on their faces.
"He's ok, He's ok." They all rush him into their arms and hold him tightly. He weeps in their arms as they wait for the go ahead for Mark to go see him.
"Thank you guys so much for being here." He omits a wet giggle as he watches Renjun almost pass out standing up.
"You better get him to bed." He says to Haechan who smiles softly at his love.
Haechan turns and picks him up by the waist and walks him to the couch. He helps him lay down and gives him a deep, slow kiss.

"Damn, pda much?" Jeno says with a playful smirk. Haechan turns with tears still falling.
"I think this should have taught us all to show our love more." Mark nods with a wide grin.
"Absolutely. Hug and kiss whenever, wherever you want. Life is too short." Mark says. The rest nod in agreement as Jeno holds his hands up.
"I was just teasing sorry." He says then presses his lips together.
"Oh, it's ok baby, don't be sad." Jaemin says as he walks up and kisses him on the pouty lips. Everyone gets a good chuckle.

"Thank you all so much for staying with me. I couldn't have done this alone. Everything you've done for us through this time has been amazing. I love you guys so much."
They all hug him once more before he leaves for Yuta's room and decide to crash there for a few more hours just in case.

They wake up with a text to their group chat that is a picture of their pile of bodies cuddled together on the floor and chuckle as Mark told them to go home.
They each reply that they love them and to call anytime.
He's going to be ok. He's going to be ok. That's what they have to keep telling themselves. And even though some are not religious and Haechan had given up on god when his mother died. They all huddle together and say a silent prayer for Mark because they know he would want that.
As most friend groups wither away with age, their bond is stronger than ever.