19

When Renjun walks into work, a little later than the others, they all excitedly greet him, happy to see him back again. True to his word he is only going to be in for a couple hours but it's still nice to see him. He spots Haechan standing by the register and gives a small wave with a shy smile. Of course Chenle notices but doesn't say anything.
"Hi." He says softly as he finally walks up to him.
"Hi cutie." Haechan says making him blush.
"It's so good to have you back here, it wasn't the same without you." Haechan grabs his hand and rubs his thumb across it.
"I wasn't the same without you all, this place, but mostly you." Renjun can't help himself when he gently kisses his lips.
"I love you." He whispers against him.
"I love you." Haechan says back just as softly, but of course their moment is ruined by a customer clearing their throat. Both turn red and Renjun quickly scurries off. Chenle and Jisung are in the corner giggling about the whole thing.
Renjun spends a lot of his time catching up on office work so unfortunately he doesn't get to spend a lot of time with Haechan in the front but Haechan makes sure to bring him drinks and snacks and kisses whenever possible.
They are a little extra shy with each other today and it's quite noticeable to the rest. It really only happens when one of them thinks of the night before. It was their first time being intimate like that and they are both still processing. This time when Haechan walks into his office he's sitting on the edge of his desk facing the door.
"What are you doing?" He asks after setting down a cup of tea and a small cookie. Renjun smiles and holds his arms open.
"I was tired of sitting at my desk so I stood for a while and I just got tired and sat here." He says with a shrug. Haechan hugs him a little tighter before backing up to look at his face. They both get shy and look away.
"I'm sorry if last night was too much? I haven't even taken you on that first date yet and I've been worried all day that you might not be ok with it." Renjun smiles and kisses Haechan's cheek multiple times.
"I love you, I don't need formalities, I don't need this to go in any certain order. As long as I have you I'm happy, besides, it was nice." He says with his cheeks warming. Haechan looks at his face and smiles.
"It was." After staring for too long he finally speaks again.
"I brought you some decaf herbal tea, you've had a lot of caffeine today." Renjun smiles.
"Thanks, you're right. I've been a bit jittery." Haechan feels relief. He doesn't want him to mistake his caring for being told what to do or how to live.
"Are you feeling good though? Your knee? Is it ok? And what about you? You aren't too tired are you?" Renjun shakes his head with a soft smile and a few tears.
"Why are you crying?" Renjun kisses his lips and looks softly at him.
"You love me." Haechan's brows furrow in confusion.
"Of course I do." He says softly.
"No, I mean you've always loved me." Haechan smiles and nods, still not quite sure what he's getting at but he'll go with it.
"I don't know how I didn't see it before, you know? You are always sweet to me and go above and beyond to make me happy and care for me. I was too blinded by fear to see it before." He pulls him in for a soft, loving kiss. Haechan holds him a little tighter.
"I was always so guarded and I hid it so well that you probably felt like I didn't even like you at times. I'm sorry. While you wore your heart on your sleeve, I buried mine deep inside." Haechan shakes his head and tries to speak but Renjun holds his finger over his lips.
"Since I was a kid you've been my other half, my soul, I just didn't see it. I love you so much and I always will." Haechan smiles softly and kisses him.
"You make me so happy Jun." They hug once more before Haechan pulls back and looks him in the eyes.
"Could we be any more mushy?" Renjun giggles.
"You're so cute Haechanie." He says as he pinches his cheek.
"But yes I'm sure we could." He says softly. Haechan laughs and helps him down.
"My shift is over, I'll take you home and cook you food?" He asks, earning a shy nod from the other. He secretly loves being pampered at times and Haechan is so good at it.
"Maybe this could be our first official date?" Renjun asks shyly.
"Really? Don't you think it's too simple?" Haechan asks as he grabs Renjun's tea and cookie off the desk so he can use his crutches.
"I think any time with you is special and I really love it when you cook for me." He says watching Haechan blush a little.
"Ok, it's a date." Renjun smiles wide and hops out of the office with Haechan on his trail. When they get out to the front Jaemin and Jeno are there starting their shifts.
"Hey Junie, how was work?" Jeno asks.
"It was good, I was catching up on some paperwork." He nods with a big smile.
"That's good, don't over do it." Renjun smiles and nods.
"Ok, dad." Jaemin laughs loudly.
"But I prefer when he calls me daddy." He says getting an elbow from the very red Jeno.
Haechan snorts.
"Good bye." Jeno says walking quickly to the back. Renjun and Haechan go to the computer to clock out when they hear Jaemin consoling Jeno.
"Jeno, honey. Come here." Jaemin says to his pouty boyfriend.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." Jaemin says before kissing his cheek.
"But I really do like it." He says while Jeno just pouts more.
"It's fine, get to work now daddy." Jeno says as he walks to the front. Renjun and Haechan just roll their eyes at the two.

"What will you make me for our date?" Renjun asks quietly as they drive to the nearest grocery store.
"You will see." Renjun just smiles and stares out the window.
Haechan wouldn't let Renjun in the kitchen but he allowed him to set candles and wine out on the coffee table. Soon he brings out perfectly cooked steak and veggies, making Renjun's mouth water.
"Wow it looks so good." He says as he starts to cut into it. Haechan kisses his cheek.
They sit on the floor eating the meal, drinking the wine and enjoying each other's company. In both of their opinions, it's the perfect date.
Renjun pouts and whines a lot when Haechan needs to go home, but eventually allows it.
"Sorry, I don't mean to be so clingy, I just really love your company." Haechan makes a pouty face.
"I'm sorry Junie, I need to do my laundry. I love you though and I'll call you." He kisses his lips, long and slow before finally letting him go.
"I'll see you at work." Haechan says as he walks away. Renjun sits on the couch and reflects on their day, it was nice and their date was perfect. Haechan had decided to leave his car there since he was drinking though so Renjun will get to see him before his shift for sure.