26

This was a bit painful...

"What are we going to do about Mark?" Renjun asks Jeno. It's been about two weeks and after moping around the first week he's now been running around acting like everything is great. They all know it's a lie, even he himself knows he's not pulling it off but he has to try.
"I'm going with him later to get some stuff, he can't face him alone." Renjun nods while tearing up.
"Take care of him please?" Jeno just side hugs him with a stiff smile.
"We will get him through this but honestly, I don't know if I can hold myself back if I see him." Renjun squeezes his hand and walks back up to the register to tend to a customer.

When the time comes Jeno walks hand in hand with Mark. At first he tried to push him away but after a while, when he couldn't control the shakes in his hands, he accepted.
"He must not be home." Mark says sadly as they enter their darkened apartment. All of the curtains are pulled and it feels sad, lifeless. They used to have so much fun together behind these walls. Mark takes a deep breath.
"He must have left when I texted that I was coming." He chuckles.
"I honestly don't know if that's good or bad." Jeno pats his back as they proceed into the apartment. He notices Mark's demeanor change the further in they go. He's just sad. He can feel the grip tighten on his hand as they get to their previously shared bedroom.

Mark pauses as he puts his hand on the knob, he thinks for a second before knocking instead. Jeno immediately shakes his head and opens the door with a little force.
"This is your place too. Don't walk on eggshells for that mother fucker. You need to be strong and go in there and take anything you need. And if you want to "accidentally" break something of his, I won't tell." This actually makes Mark laugh, albeit through his tears, but it was genuine. Jeno will take the win.

When he first enters he looks around, it smells like him. He looks longingly at the bed they shared and wishes for nothing more than to crawl in and cuddle into the blankets until Yuta spoons him from behind. His hand gently brushes the throw blanket on the end and Jeno can see his hesitation so he picks it up.
"We are taking this with." Mark just nods with his tears streaming down his cheeks. He goes to their closet and pulls his luggage set from the top shelf and throws it on the bed.

"This is hard." He says softly. Jeno can see he's starting to break again so he pulls him into his arms and lets him sob violently on his shoulder.
"This is so fucking hard. Fuck. I love him so much Jeno. I Don't know how I go on from this. I don't want to leave here. I want to be with him so much, and I try so hard to be angry but I just end up fucking sad." Jeno holds him tightly and rubs his back.
"Why doesn't he love me? Was it all a lie?" He backs away and goes to the attached bathroom to grab a tissue and starts to grab his things from there.

By the time he is done the bed is destroyed, pillows, blankets and sheets ripped off and thrown to the floor. Yuta's clothes pulled from drawers and closet. He's finally angry. He doesn't break anything yet but he lets out his frustrations until he's a heap on the floor. Jeno holds him through it. The reality of your relationship ending is hard to take, especially when you thought you were forever.

When they haul out his things he's already a little better, it still hurts but letting his bottled emotions out did something to lift him just a little. He's strong, he can survive without him.
As soon as the trunk is closed Jeno pats his pockets.
"I think I left my phone up there." He says sheepishly.
"I don't want to go back." Mark says handing him the keys.

Just as the glass doors of the parking garage start to shut Mark sees it, plain as day in his back pocket. He thinks maybe he should worry but part of him feels like whatever he plans to do, Yuta deserves.

When he gets back in the bedroom he sees exactly what he was looking for.
"You fucking prick. I had a feeling but thought I couldn't possibly be right. You couldn't possibly be that big of a coward. You heard everything?" He asks as Yuta is sat snuggled into his messy blankets. Jeno can't see his face but he nods.
"Yeah, I did." Jeno slams the door shut and stomps toward him.
"Are you proud of yourself? You fucking broke him." Yuta sighs.
"Yeah, proud." Yuta doesn't really see it coming as Jeno shoves him to the floor.
He crumple's in a heap and weakly tries to get up before stopping to rest. When he finally looks up to Jeno's angry eyes he can tell he sees it.
"Don't fucking look at me. Get the fuck out of here." He says with little energy.
"What is this? What the fuck is going on?"

When Mark finally makes his way into his apartment he can hear Jeno frantically speaking but doesn't know what he's saying. He opens the door quietly and sees him pacing the floor.
"You have to fucking tell him. This is not a decision you can make for him." He watches as Yuta's head rolls back onto the edge as he looks up at the ceiling.
"I didn't want him to hurt." He says sadly.
"I think it's too late for that." Mark watches, after just uttering those word as Jeno chokes on a sob and covers his face.
He meekly clears his throat.
"Wh-what's going on in here?" He questions softly.
"Yuta has something to tell you." Jeno says before he hugs him and walks out.

Mark is stunned, his heart is beating rapidly in fear of what's to come? Does Jeno know his lover? Is it someone they know? His brain is swimming with questions as he slowly walks around the side of the bed and carefully sits in front of Yuta.
"Make this fast please? It's too hard to sit here in front of you. I wasn't prepared to see you today." He waits, not able to look him in the eye. He stares at the floor waiting, until he can't take it anymore and stands to leave.
"Do you know how hard it was to do this? To come to my home and take my things so I can continue to stay at my friends house instead? Do you know how hard it is for me to leave you?" He walks to the door as Yuta is still silent.

"The man I am seeing is a cardiologist." Yuta says softly.
"So, what? It's ok because he's a doctor?" Yuta smiles to himself at Marks innocence.
"I'm not sleeping with him, I'm seeing him because my heart is dying. I don't know how long I have left." Mark turns back around and slowly sits on the bed. He's on the opposite side of Yuta as he tries to wrap his head around the words he just heard.
"D-dying? And you lied why? Made me think you cheated on me why?" Mark asks as his tears are endless now.

"I had been trying to work up the courage to tell you for a while then when you asked the questions I had an out. I figured my dying would be easier if you hated me. I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you."

Mark soon gets on his knees in front of Yuta and really looks at his face. In just two weeks his face looks gaunt and pale, dark circles surround his eyes and he generally looks weak and tired. He leans forward and kisses his lips, Yuta of course responds willingly.
"I love you so much Yu, and you dying with me hating you never would have worked." Yuta looks up questioning.
"No matter how bad you hurt me, you are embedded in my soul, it would have just hurt more. I want to be with you, want to figure this out and hope with you, that you get better. But I also want to be here with you, even if it's the end, even if it hurts. Please don't push me away." Yuta nods with a small smile.
"I love you Mark lee."

After spending hours holding each other they finally leave the room to make food and Mark sees that Jeno, being the amazing friend he is, brought his stuff back up and left it inside the door.