21

"Thank you for bringing me here. The food is amazing, and it's even better because I'm with you." Renjun says softly as he laces their fingers together in the booth they are sitting in. He lays his head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry about yesterday." Renjun says quietly. Haechan rubs his thumb on the back of his hand and sighs.
"Don't be sorry, I'm sure you felt rejected. That is not how I intended you to feel at all, I just want to be better for you, before we take that step." Renjun frowns and finally looks up at him with complete confusion on his face.
"What do you mean? You are perfect. You always make me feel so much more love than I ever thought I could get. You are lovely and perfect." Haechan smiles widely and kisses him on the lips.
"I just mean, I want to get rid of my shame somehow." Renjun hums trying to think of a way for him to get over it soon.
"I know, I'll go sleep with someone and you and I would be even." Haechan frowns and makes the funniest face in Renjun's opinion.
"Im joking, but really. Just hit reset and call it good. You are human and you did a very human thing and I love you more just for being honest and telling me even though it was hard for you. But really, don't rush on my account. I love you and I will wait for you and I will try not to take it personally when you reject me in the future." Haechan playfully frowns and pokes his side making him jump slightly. After a few giggles they settle down and continue eating.
"So, I was thinking, we should go to ice skating when my knee is better?" Renjun asks excitedly. Haechan laughs nervously.
"I don't know, I've never been." And as soon as he looks at his pouty lips he caves.
"Yes, ok. We can go." Renjun bounces and cheers making Haechan coo.
"God you're cute." He says softly before kissing his lips.
"When I need to be." Renjun says sassily. Haechan just nods his head with a smile, showing his approval.
"You've won this round my friend." Renjun cackles before taking another bite.
This feels nice for both of them. Renjun is starting to feel better about the whole situation and Haechan is more at ease as well. As of now Renjun has no plans to tell him that he is a little bothered and worried that he won't measure up to his first partner. He felt rejected like Haechan said and it hurt more than it should have and he's really nervous that he won't be everything Haechan wants and needs. He knows he shouldn't feel this way but he knows he will work through it. There is no sense in making Haechan feel worse than he already does.
"Do you feel up to walking with me?" Haechan asks after they finish eating. Renjun smiles, not wanting the date to end just yet. They walk hand in hand down the street at a slow pace. They walk out to the end of the pier and lean on the railing.
"Junie, I wanted to bring you here as kind of an apology and also to ask something of you." Haechan says. Renjun just hums, staring out at the water, until Haechan turns him to face him.
"What happened yesterday has been bothering me a lot and I want to solve it now.  I want to answer your question." Renjun frowns, he's not really sure which question he's referring to but he has a pretty good idea and he doesn't think he needs to be this nervous but he can't help it.
"I really, really want to be your boyfriend. " he pauses to gauge his reaction.
"I love you and I've wanted that forever, so if you still want me? I would love it." Renjun smiles and pulls him into a kiss.
"This makes me so happy." Renjun says softly.
"Also, i want to make love to you, desperately and I will, soon." Haechan says making eye contact.
"I just want to be a hundred percent for you. I want to be confident." Renjun purses his lips.
"I'm happy, boyfriend, so happy to call you that but you do know that I wasn't asking just so you would have sex with me right?" Haechan smiles brightly.
"Of course. I love you, boyfriend." He says cutely with warm pink cheeks as he hugs Renjun tightly.
"Now who's a cutie?" Renjun asks before gently kissing his neck. Haechan looks with a smirk.
"Always you." Renjun slaps his chest then pulls him in to another hug.
They stand hand in hand enjoying the breeze off the lake and each other's company. Just easy.
"Haechanie? I think we went about this all wrong." Haechan hums and looks his way.
"I think because we are best friends and because we've loved each other for a long time and of course broke each other's hearts too, that we did it wrong. We just jumped in expecting forever with each other, we didn't stop to enjoy the little things and we are putting way to much pressure in this relationship. I think we should step back and not have any expectations and just live in the moment. At least for a while, then later on we can figure out how to move on to the next step." Haechan smiles softly.
"That sounds nice, as long as you don't take away my boyfriend title." Renjun chuckles.
"Of course I wouldn't. I like being your boyfriend."
The two spend the rest of the evening just being together, like they used to. This time much more relaxed, no pressure, no fear, just each other. They have not felt this free in a long time and the more the minutes tick by the easier it is.
When they get to Renjun's door he stops and turns.
"Thank you. I had a really nice time." He leans up and kisses his lips softly.
"I can't wait to see you again." Haechan says playfully. Renjun giggles.
"Ok, see you tomorrow at work then." Haechan hugs him.
"Thank you. Tonight was amazing, really." They hug once more and whisper I love you's before Haechan walks away slowly.
For both tonight feels more special, like an awakening really. They want this thing to last forever so they will start slow and work towards their destination.