Chapter 23: Morning After

Chapter 23

Morning After

I woke up with a start. It was followed by a vicious headache, the feeling of dry sand in my throat, and my muscles being sore in places... I shouldn't be sore. And damn it, I feel so warm.

Too warm.

Despite the hammering sensation in my skull, I gingerly opened my eyes and eyes zeroed in on the mess on the floor. My white and fluffy bathrobe was on the floor, same with the heels I wore last night, and clothes... men's clothes.

The warmth around my mid-section tightened. I looked down and saw a very veiny and muscular arm around me. Anxiety started to creep in my chest as I slowly looked back to inspect what the fuck is going on behind me.

I was stunned to see the face of my oldest friend.

My best friend.

Seeing his face triggered the memories of last night, hot, hazy, and full of hunger. I held in a gasp when I remembered his head making a home between my thighs.

Fuck!

No, no, no, noooo...

And then another flash of memory—

Him on top of me, his hips moving... pumping between my legs. His eyes on me were intense and his other hand strumming me, playing me like a fucking fiddle.

Oh, God... no.

I just had sex with my best friend.

Before I could form a plan in my head, his arms around me tightened just as his eyes fluttered open. I held in my breath as I watched him get his bearings. His eyes landed on me and they softened as he smiled at me. "Hey."

"Yap..." was the only thing I could say. Despite my hoarse throat, I managed to swallow my fucking tongue.

He raised his hand to my face and moved away the strands of hair covering my face. "I'm Yap again?" he asked with a soft smile on his lips.

I just stared at him. He's been nothing but Yap to me, all this time. "Huh?" Hindi ko na ba siya dapat tawagin sa pangalan na ni-request niya sa akin noon na itawag sa kanya?

The look of confusion must've been evident on my face. Yap whispered to me, "You called me by my real name last night."

And then I remembered why my throat was hurting. I was screaming 'Storm' just a few hours earlier.

Fuck. "Uhh..." I stared at him with wide eyes. Anong sasabihin ko? We just had sex!

"And you're freaking out."

I moved away from him and sat up, which was a wrong move because I'm still naked—both of us are still fucking naked!

"What did we do?!" I hissed at him as I grabbed the comforter pooling my waist and wrapped it around my body. "What have we done, Yap?"

"Ash..." Yap followed suit and sat up, not caring if his whole naked body was right in front of me.

Umiling ako at lumayo sa kanya. "What happened last night was a mistake."

He looked at me with a huge frown on his face. "A mistake?" he echoed as he grabbed a pillow and put it between his legs. Good! Itago niya 'yan!

"Yes, it's a mistake!" I said as I continued to move away from him. I jumped out of bed and started to look around for my clothes. Shit, nasaan ba ang mga damit ko? Bakit puro damit lang ni Yap nandito sa sahig?

"It wasn't a mistake, Ash," he said as he stood up, iniwan na niya 'yung pillow sa kama at nagsimula nang magbihis. Buti pa siya! Where the fuck are my clothes last night?!