Chapter 53: No Secrets, No Lies

Chapter 53

No Secrets, No Lies

After my bodyguards put all my shopping bags in our receiving area, I thanked them for assisting me and the girls to the mall. Through all this, Storm was patiently waiting for me on our couch with a soft smile on his face.

"Hi, baby. Tired from all the shopping?" he asked as I sat beside him and proceeded to take off my boots.

"Yeah," I answered, busy taking off my socks and still not looking at him.

We didn't speak for a while, content in the silence. But when I tried to move my feet away from him when he attempted to put it on his lap to massage it, Storm paused and gave me a worried look. "Okay. What's going on?"

"Nothing," I answered before heaving a deep, deep sigh.

"I know you, Asher." Storm gave me a look. "Hindi ganyan kalalim ang buntong-hininga mo kapag pagod ka lang. What's eating you up?"

Well, he is my best friend. He should know that I am not really okay. But still, I couldn't help but lie. I looked at him and gave him a small smile. "Pagod lang talaga, babe."

He stared at me with worried eyes before he went no-nonsense on me. "No secrets, no lies, diba?" he asked, moving his body so he was fully facing me.

Right. No secrets, no lies.

We've gone too far in our relationship with no secrets and lies. Why am I going to start now?

"You're right," I said, finally facing him and looking straight into his eyes. I took a deep breath before telling him what's up. "I bumped into Stella kanina, and we talked."

He tilted his head to the side. "Okay," he started, looking all over me, checking as if Stella hurt me physically. "Are you okay? She didn't cause any scene or anything?"

"No. Not at all," I answered truthfully. Hindi naman kami umabot sa kahit anong pisikalan, we both just dropped truth bombs. "We had a peaceful and eye-opening talk."

"Eye-opening..." he trailed, eyeing me with skepticism. "What do you mean by that?"

I flashed him a smile to calm his nerves. "It's not about you, or our relationship now. Don't worry, wala namang maapektuhan sa atin ngayon."

The frown on his face deepened. "Then, what is it? If she hurts you, maaapektuhan din ako. Ayokong may mananakit sa'yo."

"It's more about us, Stella and I," I answered carefully. "We realized that we both didn't give each other a chance to be friends, or at least be friendly with each other."

Still not convinced that I was okay, Storm pushed for me to tell him more. "Okay... and?"

"She also made me see her perspective," I started explaining. "I was the annoying girl best friend who just won't go away. I told her she's the jealous girlfriend who was bitch to me, your best friend."

I tried to flash him a grin but my lips were wobbling a little. Storm saw this and immediately pulled me into his arms. I snuggled close to his chest and inhaled his calming scent.

"And I was the dumb ex-boyfriend who didn't step up and make an effort to make the two of you friends," he said, taking all the blame.

I moved back slightly, just to glare at his guilt-ridden face. "Hey, don't call yourself dumb," I admonished at him, punching his arm playfully. "You're human. We're human, human beings who have complex feelings, personalities, and thoughts. Hindi naman tayo iisa lang ng iniisip, hindi naman tayo lahat laging tama ang desisyon o mga kinikilos."