Chapter 36: It's a Bust

Chapter 36

It's a Bust

I slept well that night in his arms. It probably was the best sleep of my life. Everything was alright in the world. He was mine, and I was his. I was finally home in his arms.

"You're blonde now," I remember him whispering to my ear when we snuggled in my bed, him behind me being the big spoon.

"Do you like it?"

"Every color looks good on you."

I looked back at him with a huge grin on my face. "Galing naman sumagot."

Storm just pulled me back against his chest. "Did you miss me?"

"Yes," I answered, quick and honest. "There was never a day that went by that I didn't think of you, no matter how much I tried."

"I missed you, too," he said as he gently combed through my hair with his fingers. "I wanted to reach out to you so damn bad, but I know you will only face me when you're ready. I didn't want to push you because I was also scared that it would drive you away even further."

"Thinking about it now, maybe being away from you for 4 months was probably for the best. It establishes a clear timeline between two relationships and that there was no overlap."

"There was no overlap," he reiterates. "But I've always been in love with you, I just tried to stop it and move on."

"I'm sorry."

"No more apologies, Ash," he said before kissing the back of my head. "Just more time for us, we wasted too much already."

I'm tired of fighting. I've been fighting these feelings for too damn long... I just want to be happy.

Happy with him.

I let out a relieved, happy sigh. "Okay. I'm good with that."

My eyes were drooping, the exhaustion and jet lag were both catching up on me when I heard him whisper to me again.

"You wanna go on a date tomorrow? With me?" he added, as if I was planning to date someone else after we just spilled everything.

I rolled over to him, wrapping my arms around his body before answering him with my lips against his chest. "I thought you'd never ask."

***

After three hours of sleeping, Storm woke me up so I could stay up for a while before continuing my sleep at a more appropriate time, as I'm in a different timezone. He went home around 8PM and I fell asleep again after finally showering, doing my skincare, and changing my sheets.

I woke up around 11AM and saw Louisse was in our kitchen, munching on her brunch. Mukhang kakagising lang din. She offered me her fried spam and bacon fried rice. I gladly accepted it because I am fucking famished..

"You okay?" she asked after a while. "I noticed Storm went home a few hours after you guys went inside your room."

I looked up to her and smiled. "Never better," I said with a grin. "We actually talked and worked on our shit."

Her whole face lit up. "Is it official?"

I nodded at her. "Yes, I asked him."

She reared back in shock. "Wait! What do you mean you asked him?"

I shrugged playfully. "I asked him to be my boyfriend, he said 'okay'."

"What?" L screamed. "Oh, my God! You did not!"

"I did, and now, he's officially my boyfriend."

Louisse stood up from her chair and clapped loudly. "I am so damn proud of you."