Chapter 40: Meet the Parents (pt. 2)

Continuation...

We left right away after Storm made sure I wasn't on the verge of crying anymore. I fell asleep almost immediately and was able to escape from my sad thoughts and my father's hurtful words.

Startled, I woke up from my deep sleep when I felt the engine of Storm's car stop. I looked around outside the windows and tried to where we were right now. "What are we doing here?" I asked Storm as I watched him unbuckle his seatbelt. "Bakit tayo nandito sa parking lot?"

"Wait for me here, I'm just going to buy something," he said. I watched him pick up his wallet from the center console between us.

"Uh, okay," I murmured, still watching him in confusion. He opened his door and stepped out of his car.

He looked at me and smiled softly. "Lock the doors," he ordered before shutting the door.

Following his instructions, I leaned forward and pushed the button for the door locks. And did the same when he came back fifteen minutes later, but now he's carrying a brown bag in his arms.

"Anong binili mo?" tanong ko nang makaupo siya ulit sa driver's seat.

Binuksan niya ang dala niyang brown bag at kinuha ang laman nito. "Here, take your mudshake," sabi pa niya habang inabot ang hawak na bote. Pero bago ko pa makuha sa kanya ito ay agad rin niyang binawi ito. "Wait, I'll open it," sabi nito sa sarili niya bago buksan at muling iniabot sa akin.

I couldn't help the wide smile spread from my lips. "Thank you, baby," I said to him as I took the bottle off his hand and leaned over to give him a kiss on the lips.

"Drink up, it'll help you sleep fast when you get home."

I took a sip at first before chugging it down the half of it. Storm laughed as he watched me enjoy the vodka mudshake. "Thanks for taking care of me."

"No problem, baby," he said as he took a can of soda from the brown bag. He sat in silence after that, enjoying each other's company as we sipped our drinks in our favorite spot. Nakakamiss rin pala itong favorite naming parking lot.

The last time we were here, he was still with somebody else and I was still committed to being dense and fighting off my feelings for him. Now, here we are... together and in a serious relationship.

"I'm really sorry for not pulling you out of that situation earlier. I hated how your father spoke to you," he said suddenly, breaking the silence.

"Wala ka ring kasalanan kanina. We were both shocked by his actions."

"I just realized this has been a stressful week for you. Nakadagdag pa ako kahapon sa party for talking to Stella and not honoring my promise to you."

Staring at him pointedly, I reminded him of our conversation last night. "Okay na tayo dun. Napag-usapan naman na natin, diba? Okay na tayo kagabi. Let go of the guilt. I already let it go."

Storm wouldn't let it go. I can see it in his eyes that something is bothering him. "Yes, but it's still bugging me that I fucked up this early in our relationship. I don't want you to think that I don't keep my promises. Last night was an isolated case, I don't want you to think that it will happen again. I want you to be at peace all the time when you think about our relationship."

Oh. Isn't that fucking nice to hear?

Fuck, I really love this guy.

I smiled at him as I tried to unburden him from these thoughts he'd been having. "But it can't be helped, though. I'm also new to this, I'm sorry too if I'm being too sensitive and high maintenance," I said, echoing his words and showing him that he's not the only one struggling with our new relationship. "I hate that I'm being so insecure and clingy."