Chapter 32: Pity Party for Two

Chapter 32

Pity Party for Two

4 hours after that post, my management immediately confiscated my phone after learning that I went against their instruction of not posting anything on my socials. They said they're only going to take it away from me for one day. I just let them have it since I also don't want to get sucked into that hellhole again.

I thought surrendering my phone was the only thing they're going to ask from me. Instead, my Filipino and NY team ganged up on me and set up an "intervention" for me. They wanted me out of my room, so they dragged me to the nearest salon that could accommodate us. And knowing that it's a losing battle, I just let them decide what haircut and color I should get. I trust that they know what I need to look like in preparation for my European debut in a few weeks.

They chose to get half of my brown waves chopped off and have the remaining half bleached. Never in my wildest dream did I think of being blonde, but here we are. I wasn't expecting the huge transformation but I'm not mad at it.

I kinda like it... and I decided I'm gonna rock it until I get bored by it. Also, I can always go back to brunette and I can just get wigs and extensions if needed.

"What do you think about your new look?" Willa asked.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and smiled. "I'm gonna keep it."

She flashed me her proud smile. "Good! You really look even more stunning now, babe. We need to get you out of your room tonight. Come and party with us?"

Wait. Wala 'yan sa usapan kanina. Ayoko na ring lumabas at baka mai-post na naman nila ang mukha ko sa Chismis for Breakfast! "I already caused enough trouble—"

"We'll be leaving in a few days, you need to enjoy New York before we get busy again in London."

Tinignan ko siyang maigi. She looked serious, knowing her for a couple of months na, I know she's not going to budge. Lalo na't kakampi na sila ng NY team.

"Fine," I relented with a sigh. "But I'm going home once I get bored."

***

After an hour inside Arcane, I have found myself getting bored already. I know myself. I know this is going to happen. Even though I am with my team, getting wasted is not something I wanted to do with them. I only do that with my most trusted friends.

And even doing that led me to making bad decisions. My worst and best decision yet.

I really miss him like crazy. Nakakainis na. Kahit anong gawin ko, pumapasok talaga siya sa isipan ko. If only I could get black-out drunk, kahit isang gabi lang para hindi ko siya maisip ngayon.

Ugh. Should I just get a drink?

But I don't want to get wasted in front of these people. I looked around and saw my team having so much fun, dancing, drinking, and talking to each other and to other people. They probably see me as a pathetic wallflower here. Sobrang nakaka-model 'tong pagiging boring ko.

I should probably just go back to my place. Nagsabi naman ako kanina kay Willa na uuwi ako once I get bored. It's only three blocks away here. A fifteen minute walk in a busy street won't hurt, hindi rin naman ako masyadong nakainom.

At isa pa, I could maybe finally get blasted at home. Wala pa akong mapeperwisyo dahil wala namang makakakita sa akin.

Slowly, I moved away from my group and managed to slip away. I was almost out of the door when I noticed someone familiar standing near Arcane's huge doorway.

"Lake?"

The guy whipped his head towards me and smiled wide. It really is him! "Asher?" Lake Ongpauco walked towards me, a bottle of beer in his hand. "Wow! You're blonde!"