Chapter 44: Candles & City Lights

Chapter 44

Candles & City Lights

[A/N: I recommend that you guys listen to 'Fearless', 'Lover', and 'You Are In Love' all by Taylor Swift while reading this chapter. Thanks!]

I'm so giddy—I am bubbling with excitement inside. It's been a tiring day of making sure both of our stuff are packed from our own places. Our new place is probably filled with boxes, but no furniture.

Well, at least our new mattress was delivered there earlier.

All the furniture we've bought so far will be here by tomorrow. Today we'll just have to make do with what's there right now.

"I can't believe we're doing this," I whispered to Storm as we both stared at the numbers of the elevator we were in going up. Our new place is on the 35th floor, the farthest unit from the elevator banks, and with a sweeping 180-degree view of the city!

I've only seen it in pictures but I love our new place already! Sir Simon really hooked us up with the best broker.

"Doing what?" Storm turned to me, his arms carrying the only two pillows we have right now, and his huge-ass backpack slung on his shoulders.

I beamed at him. "Being roommates," answered while wriggling the two pizza boxes in my hands and a cooler filled with ice cubes and the two six-packs of beers we bought from the convenience store on our way here, sitting on top of the Rimowa luggage I was tasked to maneuver.

He tilted his head. "Even if we don't have furniture yet?" he asked, a teasing smile on his lips.

"Even then." I nodded. "Is it weird that I'm excited to start from scratch with you?"

Storm shook his head, an indulging smile still lingering on his face as the elevator once again opened on our floor. "No. We're building a life together, and that makes me so fucking excited too."

He stepped out of the elevator and I followed him, still with a huge smile on my face. I lugged the Rimowa luggage, cooler, and pizza boxes in both hands, brimming with excitement and joy. Nothing will ever ruin my day, because today is the best day ever!

Storm faced me after reaching our doorstep. Our doorstep. Wow.

He flashed me a grin as he waved me a set of keys. "Ready to start forever with me?"

I punched his shoulder, his cheesy smile made me burst out laughing.  "Oh, my God, dude! You're so corny!"

He nudged me. "I'm corny? You're the one who's about to pee her pants in excitement!"

I rolled my eyes at him, teasing him still. "C'mon, bro. Just open the door."

***

After getting inside our new place, we immediately got to moving. I put the pizza boxes and the cooler near the boxes placed in our future living room, in front of the floor-to-ceiling windows. Storm put his bag and my luggage, which were both filled with clothes, toiletries, and personal gadgets.

There is no furniture, aside from the mattress delivered earlier. Since wala tayong matinong priorities, nilagyan ko agad ito ng bedsheet. Pati na rin 'yung dalawang pillows na dala ni Storm kanina, nilagyan ko na rin ng pillowcasse. After that, I unpacked our toiletries and placed them in our his and her sink in our bathroom.

"Thank God, naunang i-deliver 'yung mattress natin," Storm said as he stepped out of our bedroom, pulling out the mattress that I just put on our fresh sheets. I decided not to shit on him about it, it's just a bedsheet. Papalitan rin naman in a few days for sure.