Chapter 1

It was the day she had been waiting for

It was the day she had been waiting for. She, Bella Tommas, was going to have her best friend Zaylie come over so they could trek and hang out in the woods.

And without her little sisters, Ivy and Heather. Not to mention that her parents had renovated the house so she could have her own room.

After all, it was about time. She'd been sharing a room with her sisters since she could remember. And she was dreaming about the day where she finally had an older sibling.

She stood out among her sisters though. While Bella had straight auburn hair, and light blue eyes, her sisters, Ivy and Heather, had wavy jet-black hair, brown eyes, and a splash of freckles. Except that Ivy's hair was a little bit lighter.

As Bella stared out the window, waiting for her friend, Heather came up to her, and said, "Bella, come on! Play with us! You've been staring out the window for ages!" "Not now, Heather. Maybe later." Bella replied.

Just then, a car pulled up in front of the house, and Zaylie got out. Bella felt happiness bubble up inside her. She ran over to the door, and let Zaylie inside.

"Mom, Zaylie's here!" she yelled as she closed the door.

Ms. Tommas appeared from upstairs, and said, "Okay. Off you guys go then." Then she went back upstairs.

"Are you ready to have an adventure in the woods?" Zaylie asked, tucking a piece of brown hair back behind her ear.

"Of course I am!" Bella answered, getting excited.

"Can we come? Please?" Ivy asked.

Bella and Zaylie whipped around to find Ivy and Heather behind them.

"Sorry. You can't come. You're too little." Bella replied.

"Come on, Bella. Let's go." Zaylie gestured to the door.

Bella said goodbye to her sisters before trailing after her friend. She could see her sisters looking out through the window, and heard them complaining about how they couldn't come on the journey to and through the woods.