Chapter 5

Bella was stunned

Bella was stunned. She stepped back to let the stranger inside.

Just then, her dad came downstairs, and shooed everyone away from the doorway. There was no sign of her mom.

Her father began talking to the stranger, who turned out to be a woman with classic blonde hair and brown eyes.

And before she knew it, Bella was being dragged outside screaming. She made a mental note that she now hates her dad.

Ivy and Heather followed her, staying oddly quiet.

Doors slammed. The engine started. Bella couldn't hear Zaylie anymore.

And this was the last time she would see her best friend.

In fact, Bella had never felt so alone in her life. And she also knew that things were never going to be the same again. Not ever again.

~~~

On the ride there, Bella couldn't stop thinking about Zaylie. Her one friend that she had, had been snatched from her. It had happened so fast that she felt hopeless.

~~~

When the car finally stopped, the woman got out, and opened the back door for Bella and her sisters to step out.

After she got out of the vehicle, she saw a large gray building with windows.

"Are we going there?" Ivy asked, gesturing to it.

"Yes." the woman answered, and a moment later added, "I'm only here to drop you off. Then I'm leaving. Now stop asking questions, and follow me, alright?"

Ivy, who looked like she was about to ask more questions, shut her mouth, the one out of both younger girls who talked more.

The woman, who was already walking to the building, stopped to wait for the three of them before emerging fully into the building.