Chapter 12

Enton tapped on Bella's shoulder, causing her to turn to him

When she did, Enton told her that they should have gone away when they had the chance.

Bella rolled her eyes at him, becoming exasperated and angry.

"We just got here, in case you haven't noticed." she signed back.

Now Enton looked ready to explode. He suddenly got up, and Bella was forced to follow him.

When they got outside, Charten was waiting for them. Bella didn't bother to ask why he was there.

Enton signed that he was going to leave, with or without her.

Bella's anger flared throughout her, and she signed back.

"Go if you want! But I'm staying here!"

This argument went on for a few more minutes, and both of them didn't notice that Eleven and Alison were watching some of it.

The argument only ended when Enton and Charten left her alone.

They didn't even say goodbye.

— — —

Bella felt like crying. But she held it back as she ran down the stairs to the basement.

When she reached the bottom, she asked was what was going on.

Lucas, Oscar, Will, Mike, and Dustin bumped into the table their game was on, startled.

Mike complained.

Bella, who had noticed that Eleven and Alison were laughing, pointed them out to the boys.

After they quieted down, Mike asked her, "Where are Enton and Charten?"

Bella didn't dare answer his question. Instead, she made up a random excuse, and then bolted out of the house, the boys running after her.