Chapter 2

When they reached the woods, Zaylie asked, "Do you want to play the survival game, like last time?"

"Yes. Let's build a campsite." Bella said.

Soon, the two girls found a grassy clearing.

"This is a perfect place to build a shelter!" Bella exclaimed.

"Let's collect sticks then." Zaylie said.

While they were collecting branches, Zaylie asked, "Bella, haven't you made any friends besides me?"

"No. I haven't yet." Bella replied after a moment of silence.

She was shy. The only friend she had was Zaylie. She didn't talk to anyone else.

When the girls had enough branches, they began to construct their tent.

—————————

Minutes later, Bella and her friend had their shelter set up. They had woven smaller branches into the structure to keep out at least some light and chilly air if necessary.

On the roof was moss, in case it rained. This way, the moss would soak up the moisture, so there would be less water getting in.

Lastly, in the inside, there were leaves to make some padding.

"Bella, let's go back to your house. We can add more things later." Zaylie said.

"Okay." Bella agreed as she stepped away from the shelter. Then she hurried to catch up to her friend.

—————————

As soon as they came up to the house, Bella knew something was wrong. Her father's car was in the driveway, and it wasn't usually there, because her parents were divorced.

"Oh no." Bella breathed, running to the house.

"What's wrong?" Zaylie called after her, sprinting to catch up.

"My parents are probably fighting and arguing in there! And my sisters are probably freaking out right now, too! Zaylie, we have to protect them!"

~~~~~~~

A/N -

Just wrote this entire chapter while listening to Lauv's song, "Modern Loneliness" on repeat. Look up the lyrics, and you'll get it~

And also realizing how much I've grown as a writer in the past almost 4 years I've been writing this series.

I wrote this edition when I was 13, I think <3