Chapter 16

••

••

When they reached him, Ranten greeted them.

Nora introduced Bella, and then asked, "What are you doing out here?"

"I was coming to see you." Ranten's blue eyes shifted to the other girl.

After a moment, he added, "Did you get in trouble again?"

Bella figured that he must have read Nora's gaze.

"Yeah, I did. But this time it wasn't all my fault. Some of it was Tessa's." Nora spat bitterly.

Ranten rolled his eyes and said thoughtfully, "Come on then. Let's go to your place."

With Nora sighing heavily, the group headed back to the abandoned house.

When they stepped inside, Kelly and Tessa were waiting for them. Without giving Kelly any time to speak, Nora mumbled an apology.

Tessa's eyes narrowed, giving nothing away about how she felt.

Nora turned around, about to head out the door again, but Ranten blocked her, and she was forced to face her enemy again.

He then whispered something to her, and she said louder, "I'm sorry Tessa." in a void tone.

The older girl still didn't say anything, only nodding stiffly to show her acceptance.

"Now can we go?" Nora squirmed on the spot before moving towards the door.

Ranten sighed, but didn't try stopping the brunette, and followed her outside instead.

Kate trailed after them, a tiny bounce in her step, and Bella found herself bringing up the rear.

"Where are we going now?" Kate asked as they traveled down the sidewalk.

"We're going to the fort — you know, the one in the woods?" Ranten answered.

"But we've been there a million times!" Kate spat, rather viscously.

"So? Do you have a problem with going there?!" Ranten snapped at her.

"No!" was the hissed reply he got.

They remained in content silence until they reached the fort. It was located in a small forest, a clearing, and a few rocks were scattered beside it.

It was the prettiest forest Bella had thought she had ever seen.

"It's like an enchanted forest, right?" Nora questioned, seeing her face.

Bella could only nod.

She and Nora sat down on a rock, and Bella watched as Ranten and Kate vanished from view.

"Where were you before you met us?"

Nora's question startled her.

"I-I... was with another group of friends." Bella stammered.

"I bet they were nice." Nora sighed, and closed her brown eyes, perhaps picturing them for a moment.

"Can I meet them?! Please?! I'm sure Kate will want to as well!"

Bella was shocked.

"Why though?"

"It'd be a fun adventure!" Nora gushed.

She got the impression that the brunette loved adventures.

"I suppose so. Sure. You guys can come."

Nora sped off to retrieve Kate, and before she knew it, Bella had to fill in the youngest on what was happening. Ranten came up at one point, and stayed the entire time, listening in.

Finally, Kate whipped around to ask him, "Are you coming?"

He blinked. "No. I'm not. You know I don't want to be dragged into this, Kate."

"He always likes to stay behind, remember?" Nora added.

"Right..."

Kate proceeded to throw her arms around him for a moment, then let go.

"Bye then."

And before long, the three of them were off to find Eleven and her friends.

A/N -

Finally finished ! Yay!
Now we can get to the exciting books!

~ Ally <3