Crossroads ₪ III

Brielle

I'm the definition of a real woman, but this whole situation got me feeling like half a woman. I was taught from birth how to stand on my own two feet. Don't let anyone run your life especially a man, because when things get bad he won't be there to pick up the pieces if he ain't a real man. Daddy's play book had everything in there, from how to handle yourself when you out on your own, how to deal with someone who only wants to see you fall, even how to deal with heartbreak. But this type of heartbreak wasn't in his lesson plans, how to do carry yourself when your number one joy has been snatched from you temporarily? Could even be permanent, you never know. I'm not one for negativity, but how would you move on from knowing inside for some reason they can't find why you can't get pregnant right now?

"Mommy wake up, Caeden isn't waking up!" Mijo said tugging on my shirt.

"What do you mean he ain't waking up?" I jumped up out of bed immediately!

When I walked into the room Caeden was laying on the floor, I dropped to the floor beside him.

"Mijo what happen!" I shouted.

"Rawr mommy!" Caeden popped up, springing his hands at me.

Mijo fell over on the floor laughing, as did his brother while I clutched Caeden tight in my arms. "Don't ever do no stupid shit like that, do you hear me!" I shouted tearing up.

I don't ever curse at them like that but I never been more scared in my life before. "I sorry mommy," Mijo straightened up but Caeden cried at the sound of my tone.

"Come here!" I said pulling Mijo into a hug while I was still on the floor with Caeden.

"I didn't mean it mommy, I wanted to scare you."

I held them both tight in my arms as I looked down at them. "Don't ever scare me like that again, you almost made mommy cry! I'd go crazy if I lost either of you. Don't ever do that again, you hear me?"

"I hear you, I love you mommy." Mijo said wrapping his little arms around me.

"What about you, you hear me Stink Stink? Stop crying you not in trouble, mommy didn't like that joke at all though."

"I not a bad boy," Caeden whimpered as I wiped his tears.

"No you're not a bad boy, I love you okay. I love the both of you, you two are my whole world."

That scare definitely woke me up after that, I fixed them breakfast and sat outside while I watched them play. I didn't feel like going to work today so I let Mel lead the class, when the boys were napping I went downstairs and practiced alone. I haven't been in the mood to do anything else but dance, after an hour of working up a sweat I collapsed on the floor and just laid there not wanting to move.

As I laid on the floor thinking, Mijo came busting through door crying repeating my name. "What happen why you crying?" I asked

"I couldn't find you mommy, I was looking all over for you I thought you left me all alone ." He said beginning to calm down laying his head on me.

"I was down here, I would never leave you anywhere by yourself. You feel better now that you found me baby?" I comforted him, running my hands through his curls.

"Much better."

I smiled, "You're such a mommas boy!"

I got my ass up off the floor and began fixing up my boys dinner, I wish Chris would bring his ass home so I can get some damn help. Once Caeden woke up they ate and hopped right in the tub, I put they asses right back to sleep. Looking at the clock it read 1:39 AM, I called Chris's ass a couple of times but he didn't answer. As I was about to go to sleep Mijo climbed in the bed.