Crossroads ₪ XVII

Brielle

"Why are you crying?" Chris asked, these weren't necessarily tears of happiness. "It's okay, it'll happen and if you don't want to try again we have other options." He  consoled me into a constricted hug.

"I'm pregnant."

"That's great baby!" He said, then his tone of voice went back down to normal. "You seem like, you don't want this."

"I'm scared." I said weeping.

He pulled me back to console me. "I'm right here, it's not just you going through this it's the both of us. It's okay to be scared but don't let it take over your mind, you need to be strong for the baby."

"Mommyyyyy!" Caeden whined.

"Daddy, where are you?" Mijo shouted.

"We coming hold on." Chris shouted down to him as he wiped my face.

I pushed him to the side. "Shit, I forgot about Mel!"

"No," Chris said pulling me back then picked me and placed me on the bed. "You doing too much right now, obviously that meltdown just happened for a reason. You over working yourself. You gon lay down and rest! I'll take care of it."

"You can't, I don't want you invovled in this."

"That's too damn bad, you not going out this house. I'm taking the boys too, don't do nothing stupid." Chris said leaving out the bedroom.

Chris

I took the boys to my mommas house as I was on my way to find this girl, when I went to her house she was sitting on her front step with her bags packed. I stepped out the car and approached her,  the side of her face was red and she had a black eye.

"I thought Brielle was coming?" Mel said.

"Bumb that, what happen to your face?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to get you into this it's okay I'm fine." She said getting up trying to go back into her apartment.

"Look like somebody beat you with a bat, you honestly think that shit is fine?"

"I really am fine, it was an accident."

I grabbed her bag. "I already drove her accross town in a rush to get here, you going to get in this car."

She ain't have no choice after that cause I wasn't going to have her walk back into that apartment, facing whatever was in there waiting for her.

"Tell me what happened," I said as I went to go pick up the boys.

She had a hard time trying to tell me, I glanced over and she was getting all emotional. "This guy that I'm with he - he put his hands - on me. It's been an on going thing, he wasn't there when you got there. He hasn't been very supportive of me, he's been really controlling of me since my parents died. I had no where to go when that happen so he took me in, I put up with his shit cause I had nobody to turn to."

"What are you going to do with yourself now?"

"You can just take me to the battered women shelter a few blocks from here."

"I can't do that."

"It's okay, I called ahead of time." She said wiping her eyes.

"I can't do that cause I know Brielle wouldn't allow you to do that, I'm taking you to my crib."

"Please don't, I don't want to be a burden on you. It's okay, I'm fine."

"It's all good, I wouldn't be able to take you there anyway knowing that there's something I can do for you."