Crossroads ₪ XVIII

Brielle

"Mommy I don't want you to go, what if you don't come back?" Mijo said huggin on to my legs.

"Mijo I'm coming back, let go of me so I can hurry up and come back."

"I'm coming with you then, I have to protect you so you can feel better."

I smiled kneeling down to his level, running my fingers through his curls. "Mel is going to take care of you, protect Caeden while I'm gone."

"I don't like when I'm not near you, I'm scared for you."

"Mijo, you getting carried away now. Ain't nothing to be scared of, I'm coming back. I told you I'm fine, when I come back we can play for the rest of the day."

Ever since I fell out on the floor from that nervous breakdown it's like Mijo is afraid that I'll die or something. I keep telling him I'm fine but he'll believe it when he sees it. I had to get away from them so I could see Dr. Hill, Chris set the appointment up. He's been doing a lot lately, I didn't think this would last for long but he's really stepping up. I don't know how happy he can be about having this baby if he doesn't even know. If it will last the full term, I want to be happy but I don't want to be let down. I don't even know how far along I am, can't be more than 2 months. Shit if I past the first two weeks with this baby, I might pull through with this one but nothing is guaranteed.

"I began to lose hope that I would see you two again."

"Doc this girl stay pregnant, you know it was only a matter of time." Chris said, I looked at him when he said that un-needed comment.

"Can we just get this over with?" I questioned.

"Brielle, I'm sure you didn't have enough time to cope with your loss. I just want to reassure you that things happen for a reason, God had different plans for you two. Miscarriages have no reason for them sometimes."

"Dr. Hill please, I know by now. I really just want to see how far along I am, see this baby on the screen, and go home ."

"Passive aggressive, that happens a lot in women who experience what you have."

"I'm not passive aggressive, I'm tried of talking about it and everybody saying it's not my fault. I don't want to talk about it anymore, please respect that."

He put his hands in the air doing a light shrug as he turned on the machine, I sat on the table in a nonchalant manner as he squeezed the cold gel on to my stomach.

"Woah, hold up. Please don't tell me I see two dots on the screen?" Chris said, I lifted my head up immediately to see.

Doctor Hill smiled while looking at the screen. "Yes Sir, two healthy fetuses renting for 9 months."

"Don't play around, there really are two babies?" I asked.

"Two babies!" Dr. Hill said pleasantly with a smile.

"Twins?" I said.

"Twins!" He smiled again.

"How far a long are they?" Chris asked.

"I'd say they just reaching a month."

"I was drinking a lot a couple weeks ago, are you sure they're alright?"

"Should be fine, women smoke and drink throughout their pregnancy and the babies come out fine. Not saying I want you to risk that."

"Two babies?" I repeated.

"Yes Mrs. Brown, twins congratulations." He said giving me the sonogram and prenatal vitamins.

Chris was damn near jumping off the wall when he seen the two dots on the screen, he wouldn't stop running his mouth when we got into the car either. I was quiet, the same thing ran through my mind from the moment we got there. Now that and a couple of other things are running through my mind, I'm still in shock and I feel like the fear heightened.