Crossroads ₪ XXVII

Brielle

Ain't no way now that I can't give Chris some now, he definitely earned it . I would never imagine him doing something big like this for me, the car is just the icing . Bringing Kataleah back to me really makes me want to cry thinking about it, he just don't know how grateful I am that he did this for me . Anything and I mean anything he wants from me, no matter how I feel about it I will do it . I know this happiness will be short lived because she'll have to leave soon, but I'll feel better knowing where she is I'll see her at anytime now . I ain't think I would be able to see her ever again, I felt like I lost a big battle when she left . I couldn't keep the promises I made to her before, how could I protect her when the court order was over . I couldn't stop him from moving, it was some sneak shit to me when he did that, felt like he did that purposely so I couldn't know what he was doing with her anymore . This little girl is like my own, I will do anything to see her happy, and kill those that try to take that from her .

"How come you still fat from the last time I saw you ?" she asked as we all played in the guest room setting it up for her

I laughed as Mijo answered for me "She's having my baby brother and another baby ."

"Mijo I told you not to tell ."

"I didn't mean to, I'm sorry mommy ."

"I'm still bigger than you, you didn't change at all ." she said to Mijo

"That's cause you're a girl, you wanna go play in my room ?"

"No, I want to be with her ."

"Mijo, why don't you go find daddy and you and Caeden go play with him . Let me talk to Kataleah for a while ." I said as I waited for them to leave

"Mommy, I have something to say ."

"What is it Mijo ?"

He came up and hugged me tightly "I'm sorry I said I hate you momma, I didn't mean it . I will always love you ."

"I know baby, it's okay Mommy is a tough girl . You didn't hurt my feelings, but don't say it again alright ?"

"Okay, come on Caeden ." he said taking him by the hand to leave

"Can you braid my hair like old times ?" Kataleah asked

"Of course, I thought you would never ask ." I smiled sitting on the bed as she sat on the floor between my legs

"How come you didn't want me to know about your baby ?"

"It's not that I didn't want you to know, it's just that I'm having two babies and I know that one of them is a boy . I just ain't want Chris to hear, it's a secret ."

"Wouldn't it be a better secret if it was a girl ?"

"That's true, how you get so smart ?"

"I learned it from you ."

I smiled warmly "You think I should tell him then ?"

"I would ."

"I'll do it tonight then ."

"Brielle, how come you lied to me ?"

I immediately stopped braiding her hair and looked down at her "What I lie about ?"

"You told me you wouldn't forget about me, you told me you would come back for me and see me ."

"Kataleah I couldn't, I didn't know where you lived . Now that I know I will be there for you anytime you need me, I mean that too baby . You call me and say Brielle I'm in my school talent show, or I'm in a dance recital, or anything like that . You let me know and I will be on the first plane speeding there, anytime you want to hear my voice I don't care what time it is you call me okay ?"