CHAPTER 36

SPECIAL CHAPTER : Moment of truth

Marforie's POV

“I want to hear your side.”

The crashing of the wild waves,  the leaves that was blown by the wind and the beautiful horizon was the view in front of us.

The two coconut trees we're tied together with a rope connected  from the swing.

Nandito kami ngayon sa labas pagkatapos naming mag-almusal.

Our eyes were drawn by the beautiful scenery.

“Bago ko sabihin ang lahat ng totoong nangyari noon.I want you to do something for me.” I said nonchalantly.

“ Ano yun?” napansin kong tumingin siya sa'kin mula sa gilid ko and shifted his weight.

Nilingon ko rin siya at tinitigan sa mata, now his eyes were stern and sincere.

“Una , I want you to only listen to me. You are not allowed to comment and interrupt me. Second , whatever I might say , I don't want you to.”

I stopped , hesitating to utter the four letter word. Pinutol ko muna ang titig sa kaniya bago magpatuloy at tuluyang banggitin ang katagang iyon.

“p-pity me.”

After I said that a silenced envelope the place.

The silence was too loud for a while.

Kaya't napalingon ulit ako sa kaniya, and this.time he was now looking down on the sand.

May kung anong malalim na iniisip bago niya napagpasiyahang sumang ayon.

“ O-okay fine. If that's what you want.” pinagmasdan ko muna siya at binalik ang tingin ulit sa mga alon ng dagat.

Then I started to explained the side of my story.

“Nasa bahay ako nati—

M-mo,  nang biglang..........

Biglang sumipot ang iyong ina.

When she entered the house , she was fuming mad at me like I did something horrible.

I was so shocked na nalaman niyang buntis ako. Kasi kahit kanino, kahit sayo hindi ko pa sinasabi na nagdadalang tao ako.

I recognized your Mom quickly when I remember the photo you handed to me years ago.

S-she said she wanted me gone for good , because she's worried I might ruin your career—

” N-no, bakit mo hinayaa—

“ Kayden ! We already agreed you wouldn't interrupt me!” I said a bit irritated.

Nagpatuloy ako ng humupa ang tensiyon sa aming dalawa.

“ Of course I won't like that, and I won't let that happen happen to you.”

I pause when I saw him frustrated at nagpipigil na putulin ako.

“K-kasalanan ko din naman eh , hindi kasi ako nag ingat. K-kaya dito pa lang humihingi nako ng tawad.”

I can see his eyes now and starting tearing up of what he heard.

He closed his two hands and brushed his hair bago niya ko hinarap.

“ T-then what about the letter. Sabi mo g-gusto mo si Nelson.You said it in the letter, I know damn well even though how many times I denied it , because I recognize and its none of the above but your penmanship.”

“I did wrote that letter , pinilit ako ng Mama gumawa ng sulat—

“Fuck!”

Alam kong nagbabadya na din ang luha ko pero tinuloy ko parin.