Chapter 05

The next day.

Back being a student was difficult, especially when Annika had two years of work experience. Massaging her eyelids, she leaned over the bench and tried to get some sleep.

A few minutes later, the whispering and hushed voices were toned down. As the silence enveloped the atmosphere, Annika jacked up her head to look for the reason why the class was calm. She was astounded to meet her husband's eyes which were like cyanobacteria. Straightening her stance, she leaned down to grab the strap of her bag. She was nervous to stay in his first class, as not a student but was being legally wedded, wife.

"Ms Tripati," he called her calming looking at his watch. "I want everyone to attend the class. Is that clear?"

"Crystal," Annika mumbled lowly and decided to occupy the last bench to avoid any attention.

"Also I expect you to inhabit the very first bench." Cursing him internally for pointing out, Annika nodded not having an alternate way, than to listen to him.

Grabbing all her stuff, she walked passed him checking whether he had any scratches as Abhay told her. Watching her look at him Shivaay stepped back giving a comfortable path for her to pass by.

"We missed you, sir!" A group of students from the extreme corner shouted in chorus. "Sarah especially. She asked about your whereabouts to Abhay sir, every single day."

Adjusting his collar with his fingers he smiled, as he signed his other set of fingers in his pant pockets. "You should have called me if so. Your classmate Dia had ringed a call to me."

Annika gritted her jaws, with her nails digging into her palms. She had tried to call him on his phone number and also email address, but he choose to ignore her. For god sake, she was tensed.

"Sir even I did call you." A student accepted with a gloomy look.

"I apologize for that. I was running away from some personal issues and I only pick up the call, if the person is known to me. Or I not." Shivaay caressed his beard with his left hand and continued. "One more thing, I removed you all from my social media handles. That's because of two reasons, my picture was circulating where it shouldn't and secondly, I prefer you all to graduate first and then contact me. You all would be graduating in three years right? By the time, one of you gives me a ring and I will fly back to attend your convocation ceremony."

"Is it like a farewell speech?"

"Like really?"

Shivaay cracked up and swayed over the wall, beside him. "Yes."

"Sir please don't prank us."

"Actually, yes. This is my last day working at this university. But I assure you guys that I will be available for you all. When the time needs me I would run back." Shivaay spoke with his heavy voice.

"Sir, any personal reasons? Is it because of our behaviour? We are sorry for behaving ordinarily when you were our professor."

Waving his hands dismissively, Shivaay spoke. "Nothing that sort of. There are some rules and regulations that have to be followed in the employment contract. I have breached one of them and also I'm thinking of joining under any big-shot advocate for some experience in handy. Thank you so much all. I would one day love to see you all back as advocates or administrative staff. It's okay to be nothing perhaps never do something which damages society. Bye Bye."

"Happy married life Bhaiya!"

Shivaay squeezed his eyes and blushed as almost everyone in the room screamed at a high pitch. Sighing at their behaviour, he gestured for them to stay quiet and not disturb the adjacent class. "Thank you all for your wishes. Hope this helps my life. From now Abhay will be continuing your classes. So prefer you all to be wonderful students and accommodate him. Is that clear?"