Chapter 12

Immediately wrapping up his work, he headed home only to be flabbergasted, seeing his wife studying for the first time since they married.

This was interesting.

She was on the ground with her ankles on her knees and her books scattered around her. Her hair was oily and tied up in a loose braid, falling over her shoulder. She was dressed in a loose pullover, matched with a pair of Spongebob shorts.

With his raised brows, amusement swimming in his blue eyes, he carelessly threw his laptop bag on the nearest furniture and squatted to reach her level. Annika twitched under his touch and sighed a breath of relief when she realised it was her roommate and husband.

"You came! Shall I heat the food? You were so late, mummy ji went ahead to sleep after waiting for your arrival." Annika stopped swirling the mechanical pencil between her none casted fingers, looking at him. "Go freshen up."

Annika pushed the books scattered around her in one corner making a path for him to walk towards the bathroom. Shivaay nodded at him and hurried towards the washroom, while he removed his socks in between his walks, to freshen up.

Within a few minutes, Shivaay came back to the living room and settled on the floor cross-legged waiting for the food to be served. He supported Annika when she struggled to hold up the casserole dish with a single hand.

"Enough," Shivaay mumbled as Annika served him two roti, dal, and dahi along with a scope of rice. Annika rested the ladle back to its original crock when the plate was relatively full. She threw a small smile while pouring him a glass of water, as he tore his roti and dipped it into the dal before reaching out to his mouth.

"Did you have your dinner? If not come have with me." He invited.

"Haan. I was trying to make something work out for my exams. It's too hard. Also, that chudail is making with going harder. I lost my place to her in the upcoming moot court competition. I so hate that chudail, first, she eyed my husband and now my place in college. I so hate-"

[Trans- Witch.]

"Who?" Shivaay asked chewing his food. How did she come up with names like this? He wondered.

"Who else? That Dia! She is buttering up the professors and getting free attendance." Annika pouted, complaining about the competition she was facing in college. "Also she is arrogant and I loathe her."

Shivaay chucked at her childish behaviour and continued eating his dinner.

"What's your attendance percentage?" Annika internally facepalmed. Out of everything she told him, he only had grasped her attendance matters. Was only that mattered? She grimaced. "I hope you aren't banking classes similar to what you did months back."

She nervously giggled, trying to wave off what he was talking about.

It looked like Shivaay hadn't brought her defence, so he raised his left brow, asking for implied not to cover up things. "Do you realise that I still have a good connection with the management? I still have conversations with the staff and faculty there. I can anytime ask about your performance."

Not wanting to lie further than she was in process of doing, she decided to speak the truth. "Chill! I got seventy-six per cent in almost all of the subjects. I will clear the criteria for sitting for exams."